scrolling a table frame

Post by Werkin » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:26:54

Does anyone know how I can keep the leftmost column on a forms table frame
from disappearing when I scroll to the right?  I would like that column to
stay in place at all times so I can see the value in it but I have a lot of
fields on in the table frame.  Is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance

-Bruce

scrolling a table frame

Post by Gene » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:14:21

Bruce,

As I recall, I believe the solution lies in placing two Table Frames
(showing different fields) in the same form, linking each TF to a
different AliasName (ASourceTable, BSourceTable) on the same table.
You can equalize the size of visual objects with the Align toolbar
objects and/or with the Object Explorer, Appearance tab (directly
key in the dimensions).  Use the resync methods to keep both TF's
displaying the same record.

Other have asked this question, but I don't remember what keywords
to look for in the NG's.

    -- GeneM

scrolling a table frame

Post by Peter Zevenaa » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:55:48

Bruce,
From one of Liz's posts:
Put your cursor in the second column of your tableframe while the form is
running.  Press Ctrl+R - keep doing this until you understand what's going
on...
Note that the first column stays put while the others rotate.  Put your
cursor
in the first column and press Ctrl+R and all the columns will rotate...

The code to simulate this would be...

active.action(FieldRotate)

...where the object name (or active) is required.
Peter...

--
Peter...

Quote:> Bruce,

> As I recall, I believe the solution lies in placing two Table Frames
> (showing different fields) in the same form, linking each TF to a
> different AliasName (ASourceTable, BSourceTable) on the same table.
> You can equalize the size of visual objects with the Align toolbar
> objects and/or with the Object Explorer, Appearance tab (directly
> key in the dimensions).  Use the resync methods to keep both TF's
> displaying the same record.

> Other have asked this question, but I don't remember what keywords
> to look for in the NG's.

>     -- GeneM

scrolling a table frame

Post by Vladimir Menki » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:22:32

Bruce,

See Ivica Kolar's "Free Permuting TableFrame Columns" form. It's free and with
full source. Available at http://cust.east.ru/~menkin/

   Vladimir Menkin

> Does anyone know how I can keep the leftmost column on a forms table frame
> from disappearing when I scroll to the right?  I would like that column to
> stay in place at all times so I can see the value in it but I have a lot of
> fields on in the table frame.  Is there a way to do that?

> Thanks in advance

> -Bruce

scrolling a table frame

Post by Werkin » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 01:44:30

All these are greate suggestions!  I'm testing them all to see which one
works the best.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Thank you very much!

-Bruce

scrolling a table frame

Post by Mike Irwin [CTech » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:53:08

There's a FAQ on this...well, I thought there was !

This is the text I retained:

Often, people ask how to make a tableFrame behave like a
tableView, in that you can freeze some columns at the left of .a
TV

Arrange your two table frames beside each other so they look
like one (cosmetics !).  Call the frozen one "tfStatic and the
other one tfDynamic.

Enclose them in a box, and declare two uiObjects in the Var of
the box - uiStaticTF and uiDynamicTF. In the open() of the box,
attach the uiObjects to their tableFrames.

In the action() of each of the tableFrames place code that traps
all the necessary actions (DataBegin, DataEnd, DataFastForward,
DataNextRecord, .....), does a doDefault, and applies the same
action to the other uiObject. This is for tfDynamic :

if eventInfo.id() = DataBegin or
   eventInfo.id() = DataEnd or .....
then
   doDefault
   uiStaticTF.postAction(eventInfo.id())
endif

This should keep things in sync.

hth

Mike

PS I found it - it's in the Forms Tip of Paradox Tips on my own
site - http://mirwin.homestead.com

Quote:> Does anyone know how I can keep the leftmost column on a forms table frame
> from disappearing when I scroll to the right?  I would like that column to
> stay in place at all times so I can see the value in it but I have a lot of
> fields on in the table frame.  Is there a way to do that?

> Thanks in advance

> -Bruce

1. Paradox Table Frame Scroll Bar Problem

I am having a strange problem.  Picture a simple master-detail
form.  The master record is displayed across the top, the detail records
in a table frame.  What I want is to be able to use the table frame
scrollbar to ONLY go down thru the detail records, and the VCR buttons
on the toolbar to ONLY change from one master record to the next.
Getting an inkling of my dilemma . . .
    Without any coding, the scrollbar works fine, it scrolls through the
detail records.  However, the VCR buttons act on the record with focus.
If focus is on the Master record, then it works the way I want.  If
focus is on the detail record, then it acts like the scrollbar.
    What I've been trying to do is capture the eventInfo.id() for the
various VCR buttons and shift the focus to the Master records.  When I
do that, then the VCR buttons work the way I want, but the scrollbar now
acts like the VCR buttons, moving from one Master record to the next.

    I am assuming that the scrollbar and VCR buttons use the same
ActionDataEvent (DataNextRecord/DataPriorRecord) as the VCR buttons.
I've tried placing the code on the form, the tableframe, even the record
and things stay the same.  Does anyone know of the easier way to
differentiate between the VCR buttons and the tableframe scrollbar?  My
next assumption is that if I can identify which one is being pressed, I
can force my own action on it.  If anyone has any ideas, that will be
appreciated, as always!!

   Ted Herrlich

2. how to determine if field value has changed?

3. Table Frame Scroll Bar

4. Get record count after pCommand->Execute()???

5. Scrolling table frames

6. Query Question

7. Scrolling Table Frames.

8. - Lead Oracle Developer/Architect- Portland, Oregon dr005348

9. Table frames linked to table frames in a report

10. W4GL: How to scroll frames

11. Automatic frame-scrolling

12. Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling

13. Linking a table frame to a table-runtime