PdoxWin-Empty fields in mailing labels.

Post by Ivan Sincla » Sun, 24 Jul 1994 13:42:35

I'm a Multimedia\Graphics guy that got roped into figuring out how to
format a report for mailing labels in Paradox Windows. Things are going
not badly (considering...;-) but I'm having  a problem with emply fields
(which may be different fields for different records.)

I tried a text box over the whole (or most) label but the formating gets
all messed up when I try adjusting. Very frustrating. Is there some magic?

--
***********************************
Ivan Sinclair - Nonlinear Systems

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Mon, 25 Jul 1994 09:40:20

: I'm a Multimedia\Graphics guy that got roped into figuring out how to
: format a report for mailing labels in Paradox Windows. Things are going
: not badly (considering...;-) but I'm having  a problem with emply fields
: (which may be different fields for different records.)

: I tried a text box over the whole (or most) label but the formating gets
: all messed up when I try adjusting. Very frustrating. Is there some magic?

Magic?  No...  Mainly some MORE setting manipulation.

Usually you would want to play with the FIT-HEIGHT and FIT-WIDTH
properties.  If you are using multi-records you can also turn on
DELETE-WHEN-EMPTY.  Try those and let us know if it works out...

||   (the rest of this .sig is under construction...)                       ||

Post by Earl Roeth » Wed, 27 Jul 1994 03:48:42

|> : I'm a Multimedia\Graphics guy that got roped into figuring out how to
|> : format a report for mailing labels in Paradox Windows. Things are going
|> : not badly (considering...;-) but I'm having  a problem with emply fields
|> : (which may be different fields for different records.)
|>
|> : I tried a text box over the whole (or most) label but the formating gets
|> : all messed up when I try adjusting. Very frustrating. Is there some magic?
|>
|> Magic?  No...  Mainly some MORE setting manipulation.
|>
|> Usually you would want to play with the FIT-HEIGHT and FIT-WIDTH
|> properties.  If you are using multi-records you can also turn on
|> DELETE-WHEN-EMPTY.  Try those and let us know if it works out...
|>
|> --
|> ==============================================================================

|> ||   (the rest of this .sig is under construction...)                       ||
|> ==============================================================================

I'm going to try the suggestion above.  I also wanted to note that I've
had problems with this is the font size of the text box didn't match the
font size of the included fields.  Making them the same improved things
a lot.

--

 Empros Power Systems Control      mail stop: PLY068
 2300 Berkshire Lane North         phone:     (612) 553-4522

1. PDOXWIN and mailing labels

You didn't give any details of what you've tried, but I've found that
The runtime Fit Height propery will probably do the job.

I would imagine though that you would have to layout the page with
the name field pinned vertical at each valid lable position
and then place the remaining fields below it.  On each field below name
make them FIT HEIGHT.  I've found that if you don't align the fields
so that the bottom boundary of the top one and the top boundary of the one
below it aren't touching then the inter field spacing tends to get out
of wack because its not subtracting any space between the fields.

If this helps at all let me know.  You can email me if you need anymore
specific info.

Sincerely,

2. J

3. Sybase with dirty reads

4. Mailing Label (One Record, Many Labels)

5. Is it possible to schedule "Generate SQL script"?

6. Layout or DB fields in Mail Label

7. Help. Fast loading in JET databases.

8. WP50-Trimming fields in QBE & Mailing Labels

9. Paradox 4.5 and Mail Merges and Mailing Labels

10. labels labels labels

11. Reportsmith and Empty lines in labels

12. Field Description is NOT used as Label for Field on Form