converting paradox dos script to paradox (object pal) windows script

converting paradox dos script to paradox (object pal) windows script

Post by Dana Tayl » Fri, 24 Feb 1995 17:34:48

It's too bad that borland did not make the transition from DOS to
WINDOWS easier by writing a program that would convert the scripts. Now,
I must go through thousands of PDOX for DOS code to make the
system change over. Does anybody have any tips or techniques that would
help make this process go faster and easier?

              Any help would be appreciated,
                                        Dana

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Sat, 25 Feb 1995 14:29:49

: It's too bad that borland did not make the transition from DOS to
: WINDOWS easier by writing a program that would convert the scripts. Now,
: I must go through thousands of PDOX for DOS code to make the
: system change over. Does anybody have any tips or techniques that would
: help make this process go faster and easier?

Look at the end result, then think how you would do the same thing in
Windows.  IGNORE THE ALGORITHM OF DOS VERSION.

PAL code often have A LOT of table manipulations like restructuring
tables on-the-fly, copying reports from existng tables to new answer
tables, etc etc etc all of which can be avoided by better design of
program flow in OPAL.

Another hint: work WITH the event model in OPAL, not against it.

--

|| Pretty good Paradox for Windows Programmer, self-proclaimed Treknologist ||
|| [  the rest of this sig is under construction until further notice...  ] ||