Import to a memo Field

Post by nosp » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have an Access database that I need to import to Paradox.  It has a
a memo field.  When I run the import it truncates the memo down to
a256.  Is there a way to avoid losing the data?

Import to a memo Field

Post by Steve Gree » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> I have an Access database that I need to import to Paradox.  It has a
> a memo field.  When I run the import it truncates the memo down to
> a256.  Is there a way to avoid losing the data?

  The simplest way to do this would be to extract the memo info to an
ascii file (for each record), then import the ascii file to the pdox
memo field.. every program has different ways of using "memo" info..
most of the time, they aren't compatible with other programs' "memo"
info..

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

Import to a memo Field

Post by Michael Juul Hanse » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

You can download an ODBC driver for Access from Microsoft. Then in
Paradox simply 'add' the Access table to an existing Paradox table
(Create a new Paradox table and 'Borrow' the structure from the Access
table)

nospam S. Hirsch skrev:

Quote:> I have an Access database that I need to import to Paradox.  It has a
> a memo field.  When I run the import it truncates the memo down to
> a256.  Is there a way to avoid losing the data?

--
Michael

Please, no SPAM or Junk Mail

1. Bug???-Importing dbfs with MEMO fields

Hello SQL Server Gurus!  I am in serious need of some help
as this is driving me absolutely crazy!!  In the attached
zip is a Foxpro .dbf file.

Can anyone out there successfully do the following:
1)  Import the .dbf into MS SQL Server 2000 (be sure and
save the import as a DTS package).
2)  Run that same import (it is saved as a DTS pkg) via a
SQL Server Agent job using the dtsrun command.

Step 1 above works just fine.  Step 2, the job fails every
time.  Attached is the job's log file showing the error.

Facts:  This only happens to me when the .dbf file has a
memo field in it.  This dtsrun problem was/is not a
problem on SQL Server 7.

If anyone is successful, please let me know how you did
it.  The fact that the manual import works, yet the exact
same import via the SQL Server 2000 job DOES NOT work
seems like a bug to me.  VERY frustrating!

Thanks!!
Joel

Tips for those who want to try:
**You will need to save these 3 files (dbf, cdx, fpt) into
your directory.

**I use dBase 5 as the data source for the import.

**My dtsrun command in my job step looks like this:
dtsrun /SMyServer /NMyLocalDTSPkg /E
(where "MyServer" is my server name, and "MyLocalDTSPkg"
is my Local DTS Package name)

  Dtsrun_DBFs&LogFiles.zip
1K Download

2. US-OR-ORACLE DBA

3. Importing a Pdox5 Memo field to SQLServer 7

4. SQL Server 6.5 installation

5. DTS import task and memo field in dbf

6. SQL Server equivalents to Oracle-isms.(newbie)

7. Importing Access 97 memo fields into Oracle 8 [HELP]

8. Importing text into memo field

9. HELP! - importing text to memo fields

10. Importing text into memo fields?

11. Success importing to a MEMO FIELD?

12. importing into FoxPro MEMO fields?