PDX 4.5 for Dos Sum Field on Page Problem

PDX 4.5 for Dos Sum Field on Page Problem

Post by George Dishe » Sat, 20 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I have in my report a summary field in the page band.  It looks something like this when printed:

Month1  Month2  Month3
------  ------  ------
10      20      30
40      30      20
======  ======  ======
50      50      50

The last set of numbers being my summary fields.  All three pages look like this.

For some reason my second page summary fields add the first line of numbers from the 3rd page.  Since I do
not do anything in the report but place the field in the page band I do not have any control over the numbers
that are included in the calculation for these summary fields.  Is this just a big big flaw in the Paradox 4.5
program?.  Please give me help if you know how to solve this problem.  I am using a HP Laser series II printer.

Post by Denni » Sun, 21 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>I have in my report a summary field in the page band.  It looks something like this when printed:

>Month1      Month2  Month3
>------      ------  ------
>10  20      30
>40  30      20
>======      ======  ======
>50  50      50

>The last set of numbers being my summary fields.  All three pages look like this.

>For some reason my second page summary fields add the first line of numbers from the 3rd page...

It may be that your page length is longer than the page of the printer.  the program
uses all the records for that page, but prints the actual record on the next page.
If this is a Laser printer set the page length to 60.

Hope this helps
Dennis

PDX 4.5 for Dos Sum Field on Page Problem

Post by Steve Gree » Thu, 25 Apr 1996 04:00:00

George: that sounds like you've got Summary/Overall
in your group footers, not Summary/PerGroup..

--
Steve Green - Diamond Software Group - Waldorf Maryland USA
CompuServe 71333.2362 - Prodigy TBMG62A -  I am a member of