PdoxWin 1.0 & PdoxWin 7.0

Post by Captain Val » Mon, 28 Apr 1997 04:00:00

At first look, it looked the forms & reports I created in PdoxWin 1.0 were
compatible, but now I'm getting errors.  Is there a way to move reports and
forms created in P7 to P1 or vice versa?  Are they compatible at all?  And
what's the deal with P7, on P1 I could have on my screen forms & reports
from many different directories all at once, on now on P7 it seems to say
you can only have forms and reports open from the same directory at the
same time.  It seems like a step backwards.

PdoxWin 1.0 & PdoxWin 7.0

Post by Sundial Servic » Mon, 28 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>At first look, it looked the forms & reports I created in PdoxWin 1.0 were
>compatible, but now I'm getting errors.  Is there a way to move reports and
>forms created in P7 to P1 or vice versa?  Are they compatible at all?  And
>what's the deal with P7, on P1 I could have on my screen forms & reports
>from many different directories all at once, on now on P7 it seems to say
>you can only have forms and reports open from the same directory at the
>same time.  It seems like a step backwards.

I'm not sure where you're coming from, Cap'n, but I do believe that you should
have no problems moving between versions.  Perhaps your earlier code employed
assumptions about aliases, etc. that haven't been set up quite right in Px7
yet on your machine?

PdoxWin 1.0 & PdoxWin 7.0

Post by Daniel A. Morga » Mon, 28 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> At first look, it looked the forms & reports I created in PdoxWin 1.0
> were compatible, but now I'm getting errors.

You can move undelivered objects from ver 1 to ver 7 but not the other
way around.

Daniel A. Morgan

1. pdoxwin 1.0 to pdoxwin 7.0

Is it possible to possible to upgrade from pdoxwin 1.0 to pdoxwin 7.0 in
one fell swoop?   Is  pdoxwin 7.0 still compatible with dbase 3+ data?  I
didn't upgrade to pdoxwin 5.0 because I was satisfied with 1.0.  But I
don't want to be left behind.

2. list boxes

3. PDOXWin 5.0 - what replaces folder in PDOXWin 1.0

4. The best way to upsize from Access 2.0 to SQL Server

5. Upgrad pdoxwin 4.5 to pdoxwin 7.0

6. DEALLOCATION for @myVar...

7. Upgrading from Pdoxwin 4.5 to Pdoxwin 9 HELP !

8. Lost MSDE sa password

9. Resizable form conversion from Pdoxwin 5 to Pdoxwin 7

10. Bug in PdoxWin 5.0 and not in Pdoxwin 4.5

11. ***PDOXWIN 5.0 MANUALS vs PDOXWIN 4.5 MANUALS***

12. Looking for PdoxWin 1.0

13. PDOXWIN 1.0 and Win95