DELPHI IDAPI => PARADOX 5 IDAPI

Post by os.. » Sat, 19 Aug 1995 04:00:00

        Paradox 5.0 Engine configuration can't read IDAPI.CFG from Delphi. I get no values if I try to read IDAPI.CFG from
the network. Why?? Some answers.

Oscar Felis

2+2=4 they say.

1. BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS

Following is the test query

tableName | field Name             |
          | CHECK as TO someName   |

Start your Paradox for Windows. Choose Help|About. Press I. Internal
build will be displayed. Then there will be words "lego:" followed
by a date. If that date is from 1994, you are OK. But if you installed
Delphi or latest release of Novel Office or Quatro Pro, that date
might be from 1995. That's the version of IDAPI the BUG is in. Here
is how it goes...

In above query we have used word "TO". It is not a key word. I called
Borland's Tech Support line paying $2/min and they confirmed it's not.

Above query works fine. But if your "lego" date (i.e. IDAPI build) meets
above criteria, you will get an error message saying "AS must be followed
by a name of field in the ANSWER table". Whether you some thing after
TO or not, DOES NOT MATTER.

Called Borland many times about it but the guys there wouldn't believe
me as it works on any copy of Paradox. Finally I asked them to try it
on a machine which had DELPHI installed on it after Paradox and thus
had a "lego:" date of Feb/95. It was confirmed and registered.

regards,
--nasir

2. Moving an output row to the top.

3. DELPHI + PARADOX 5.0 IDAPI PROBLEM

4. Why my vacuum fails?

5. idapi bcb5 versus idapi bc5.01

6. Clipper's driving me crazy

7. Paradox crashes -> IDAPI files in use

8. setting permissoins...??

9. IDAPI->ODBC->oracle

10. DELPHI 1 : Deployement of SQL Links application without IDAPI.CFG

11. Can I configure BDE (IDAPI) from Delphi application?

12. Using Delphi to Connect to Oracle7 RDBMS w/IDAPI