Faxing out Reports (mail merge letters) based on answer table

Faxing out Reports (mail merge letters) based on answer table

Post by Joanne Kapin » Sat, 03 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi Fellow Paradox Experts,

I am working on an app where my answer table will yield the name,
address, fax#, and other pertinent info which is merged into a report
made to look like a letter. I have Delrina WinFax Pro 4.0 and was
wondering if there is a way to have that program pick up the names and
fax #'s to fax these reports (letters) to, by using an ascii export
from Paradox and and ascii import in WinFax.

Has anyone successfully accomplished this?

Thanks for any help.

Joanne K.

Faxing out Reports (mail merge letters) based on answer table

Post by David Ell » Sun, 04 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I can email you a small fully-functional shareware faxdde.zip file that does
this. Please email if you want it. --David

>>Hi Fellow Paradox Experts,

>>I am working on an app where my answer table will yield the name,
>>address, fax#, and other pertinent info which is merged into a report
>>made to look like a letter. I have Delrina WinFax Pro 4.0 and was
>>wondering if there is a way to have that program pick up the names and
>>fax #'s to fax these reports (letters) to, by using an ascii export
>>from Paradox and and ascii import in WinFax.

>I do know that the guy who ran the Toronto Borland User's group, sent out
>meeting faxes from a PdoxWin 5.0 using a version of WinFax. He did this by
>writing a little routine that used DLL to swap out the info...

>Their used to be some people from the T.B.U.G. who checked these messages,
>perhaps you can luck out on a SOS to them, or figure out how to write yer own
>DLL call routine...

Faxing out Reports (mail merge letters) based on answer table

Quote:

Post by Jon Krahm » Sun, 04 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Hi Fellow Paradox Experts,
>I am working on an app where my answer table will yield the name,
>address, fax#, and other pertinent info which is merged into a report
>made to look like a letter. I have Delrina WinFax Pro 4.0 and was
>wondering if there is a way to have that program pick up the names and
>fax #'s to fax these reports (letters) to, by using an ascii export
>from Paradox and and ascii import in WinFax.
>Has anyone successfully accomplished this?
>Thanks for any help.

Go to the www-page listed below and try FaxMail for Windows 3.xx, 95,
NT or FaxMail Network for Windows NT/95 for FREE.  The FaxMail Manual
is included.  Read page 3 to learn how to send a fax directly from
your program by passing it the name and phone number in a file.

You can also print directly to FaxMail's Convert to Fax.

If you can print, you can fax.

All the Fax Machines in the world are your printers with FaxMail for
Windows.

         Kind Regards,
         Jon Krahmer, ElectraSoft

 Get newest version of FaxMail for Windows or FaxMail Network for NT, free:
 www-page: http://www.blkbox.com/~jonk/
 Author member of Association of Shareware Professionals (ASP)

Post by Terry Straehl » Wed, 07 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Hi Fellow Paradox Experts,
>I am working on an app where my answer table will yield the name,
>address, fax#, and other pertinent info which is merged into a report
>made to look like a letter. I have Delrina WinFax Pro 4.0 and was
>wondering if there is a way to have that program pick up the names and
>fax #'s to fax these reports (letters) to, by using an ascii export
>from Paradox and and ascii import in WinFax.
>Has anyone successfully accomplished this?
>Thanks for any help.

Actually this can be accomplished using DDE communication between
Paradox for Windows and Winfax 4.0.  I have some stuff, nor right at
hand if you want to e-mail be back.  It was developed by Ty Brown of
TBrown Associates.  His e-mail is on my other computer also.  If you
are interested let me know and I will send you more infor tommorrow

 Straehley Associates - Computer Consulting and Programming

 http://www.strassoc.com

1. Creating mail merge letters in the VB environment...

Hi all:

I'm stomped.  How duplicate MS Word's mail merge ability from within the VB 6
environment.  I want my application to provide a means for the user to create
mail merge letters.  It should be assumed that the user will not MS Office
installed on their computer.  Thanks in advance.
Terence

2. Identifying tables in Stored Procedures

3. Faxing a Mail Merge

4. Find Date from DataGrid

5. Faxing Mail-merged docs

6. Problem restoring db backup via query

7. FAX and Mail Merge via SQL/ODBC

8. Function to return base letter of accented letters?

9. ###Merge A Letter Using Report###

10. Printing multiple reports to a fax server via ms mail

11. Mail Merge / Lists based on checkbox