Export to ACCPAC+ from PDOXWIN ?

Post by Ted Sorens » Thu, 13 Oct 1994 16:21:26

I am writing a Paradox for Windows 5.0 application and I was wondering if
anyone can give me pointers on exporting to ACCPAC plus (especially to
the Accounts Payable module, but to General Ledger would also be useful)
I have access to someone's ACCPAC plus version 6.0a for testing right now
(The finished application must work with ACCPAC version 6.1 - but I don't
have access to it right now)
 Has anyone done this before? If you have then can you give me some
pointers on the best approach?
 I only have a third party book on ACCPAC plus at home (as I don't own a
copy of ACCPAC plus) and it doesn't tell anything useful about the
import feature (I know it can import dBase III, Lotus123 ver 2.x, and comma
separated ascii but I'm not too sure about the format of the fields)

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Fri, 14 Oct 1994 21:34:48

: I am writing a Paradox for Windows 5.0 application and I was wondering if
: anyone can give me pointers on exporting to ACCPAC plus (especially to
: the Accounts Payable module, but to General Ledger would also be useful)
: I have access to someone's ACCPAC plus version 6.0a for testing right now
: (The finished application must work with ACCPAC version 6.1 - but I don't
: have access to it right now)
:  Has anyone done this before? If you have then can you give me some
: pointers on the best approach?

We export from PDOXDOS to ACCPAC at work, and since ACCPAC does NOT like
its data written to directly, you will have to export to comma-delimited
file then use ACCPAC's import feature to read it in.  Other than that
there's nothing special.  :-)

--
+============================================================================+

||   (the rest of this .sig is under construction...)                       ||
+============================================================================+

1. accpac import/export

Hello everyone,
    My name is Josh and I have a database problem (who doesn't). I'm using a
very old DOS accounting program called ACCPAC. When my company first started
off, we filled in the fields for the items incorrectly. We put the vendors
from which we buy each item into the item's category field.

    We are now working on a website and need to correct the category field.
With 4,500 items, it can be a pain to do this one-by-one, so I decided to
export all the items to a database and use excel to easily swap all the
vendors into their proper field. The problem that arose, was that when I
tried to import the database back into ACCPAC, I found that Excel had
changed a lot of the lengths of strings. The import wouldn't work because of
these changes.

I'm wondering if there is an application for databasing which does not
change the pre-defined lengths of your fields and where I can find it.

Any help would be great

Thanks for any help in advance,
Josh

2. "Record/Key Deleted" BDE Error

3. Can PDOXWIN export data to MS Cardfile?

4. jet 3.51 & win2k

5. Controlling import/export from ObjectPal [Pdoxwin]

6. No open cursor or cursor closed !!!

7. PdoxWin export function ?

8. Subqueries and numeric to character conversion problem

9. pdoxwin 1.0 to pdoxwin 7.0

10. Upgrad pdoxwin 4.5 to pdoxwin 7.0

11. Upgrading from Pdoxwin 4.5 to Pdoxwin 9 HELP !

12. Resizable form conversion from Pdoxwin 5 to Pdoxwin 7

13. PdoxWin 1.0 & PdoxWin 7.0