Table full error...

Post by Mark Walke » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I'm using BCB 3.0 to create a program with Paradox 7.0 tables.  When the
table gets to around 100MB+ I get a "Table is full" error from the BDE and I
cannot enter any more records.  Does anybody know anything about a maximum
size for tables or how I can correct this error if it is possible.

Thxs...

-- Mark

Table full error...

Post by Bob Stub » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Mark:

The number of records - actually the maximum table size - is set
within the BDE.  Look under Paradox drivers and then "block size".
Look to the help to get details on it.

The process is to set the new block size, restart Paradox, recreate
the table (I'd try {borrow} first, or, if that didn't work, recreate
it from scratch) and then add the data from oldTable to newTable.  You
should be able to immediately check that you can add more records to
the newTable.

HTH.

Bob

Table full error...

Post by Steve Gree » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I'm using BCB 3.0 to create a program with Paradox 7.0 tables.  When the
> table gets to around 100MB+ I get a "Table is full" error from the BDE and I
> cannot enter any more records.  Does anybody know anything about a maximum
> size for tables or how I can correct this error if it is possible.

A paradox table can have up to 64k of blocks on disk.. a block can be anywhere
from 2k (128 meg max table size) to 32k (2 gig max table size).. the number of
records depends on block size and record size..

Change the default block size in BDE.. make new tables.. put the data in the new
tables..

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com    <- please note our new web site

Table full error...

Post by Jing Doo Wan » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> > I'm using BCB 3.0 to create a program with Paradox 7.0 tables.  When the
> > table gets to around 100MB+ I get a "Table is full" error from the BDE and I
> > cannot enter any more records.  Does anybody know anything about a maximum
> > size for tables or how I can correct this error if it is possible.

> A paradox table can have up to 64k of blocks on disk.. a block can be anywhere
> from 2k (128 meg max table size) to 32k (2 gig max table size).. the number of
> records depends on block size and record size..

> Change the default block size in BDE..

What happened to block size in BDE if there are only 3 default choice
(1024k,2048k,4096k) ?
How can I have blocksize as 8196K or bigger ?

Quote:> make new tables.. put the data in the new
> tables..

Is there any method for efficient transfering data ?

--
y?g?w Jing-Doo Wang ( phd student)

National Chung Cheng University
Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering
Chiayi, Taiwan 621, R.O.C
TEL:(O)886-5-2720411  Ext. 6158    (H)886-5-2428199  Ext. 6909
FAX : 886-5-2720859

WWW    : http://www.cs.ccu.edu.tw/~jdwang

Table full error...

Post by Steve Gree » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> What happened to block size in BDE if there are only 3 default choice
> (1024k,2048k,4096k) ?

Those three choices refer to pdoxdos restrictions.. you said pdox 7 tables..

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

Table full error...

Post by Jing Doo Wan » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> > What happened to block size in BDE if there are only 3 default choice
> > (1024k,2048k,4096k) ?

Sorry ! The correct is (1024,2048,4096).

Quote:

> Those three choices refer to pdoxdos restrictions.. you said pdox 7 tables..

I check my setup of "BDE administrator
/Configuration/Driver/Native/Paradox/version" is 4.0

Do you mean that I need to change the paradox driver version 4.0 to 7.0 (How to
?)

such that the default choice blocksize can be larger than 4096=4k (
8k,16k,32k,64k)?

Thanks for your suggestion. :)

--

Post by Steve Gree » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I check my setup of "BDE administrator
> /Configuration/Driver/Native/Paradox/version" is 4.0

> Do you mean that I need to change the paradox driver version 4.0 to 7.0 (How to
> ?) such that the default choice blocksize can be larger than  4096=4k
> (8k,16k,32k,64k)?

You can set the default table version in BDE and/or you can set the default in the
table create dialog..

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

Table full error...

Post by jdwan » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Steve Green ?g1D?G

> > I check my setup of "BDE administrator
> > /Configuration/Driver/Native/Paradox/version" is 4.0

> > Do you mean that I need to change the paradox driver version 4.0 to 7.0 (How to
> > ?) such that the default choice blocksize can be larger than? 4096=4k
> > (8k,16k,32k,64k)?

> You can set the default table version in BDE

It is embarrassing !

Would you please tell me where is the entry of BDE administrator to change the version
of Paradox version from 4.0 to 7.0 ?

I have check but not found

Quote:> and/or you can set the default in the
> table create dialog.
> ?

I create the table using SQL, it seems have no option to set the blocksize.

--

Post by Steve Gree » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Would you please tell me where is the entry of BDE administrator to change the version
> of Paradox version from 4.0 to 7.0 ?

Configuration/INIT/System/Version

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

Table full error...

Post by jdwan » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Steve Green ?g1D?G

> > Would you please tell me where is the entry of BDE administrator to change the version
> > of Paradox version from 4.0 to 7.0 ?

> Configuration/INIT/System/Version

Yes ! It did show the version. (4.0)

but "Configuration/INIT/System/Version" seem could not be changed.

ps. I try to change the field "version"(4.0 to 7.0) but failed.
?

--

Post by Steve Gree » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> > Configuration/INIT/System/Version

> Yes ! It did show the version. (4.0)

> but "Configuration/INIT/System/Version" seem could not be changed.

My mistake.. Drivers/Native/Paradox/Level is where the default is changed in BDE..

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

1. Table Full error message on PdoxDos 4.5

Is there any way I can fit more records into a single table. I'm getting a
"Table is Full" error message when I add records into a table? Is there a
switch I need to include after the Paradox.exe so that I can handle bigger
table sizes?

Using the Paradox Custom Configuration Program, I have already adjusted the
maximum table size to 256Mb and my tables are nowhere near 256Mb in size.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Pietro
++++++++++++++

--
Pietro E Reyes, III

http://www.pnbnewyork.com/pnbnyc/pnbnyc.html
http://www.netcom.com/~pereyes/pnbnycah.html

2. format of connect string

3. Table Full error. Paradox 7

4. Ingres DBA Position available (repost)

5. Table Full error.

6. Select permission denied...why?

7. Table Full Error

8. Table full error i Pdox/Win 5.0

9. Is there any solution about 'syslogs' table full error

10. HELP! Table Full Error?

11. Full table causing error??