Pdox7 Runtime - Lookup Feature

Post by mr wils » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Question:

We have a mult-user application that was develped on a pier2pier
network under win98 and the application functioned normally. When
the same application was installed on NT40 Client/Server Network
(not on the server, but between workstations only) the application
runs normal, till a Help Fill Lookup field is invoked by using the
Ctrl + Spacebar... the application locks up and we have to use Task
Manager to shut down runtime and restart the applic.
Everything else seems to work normal.

Anyone knows what may cause this to happen?

Thanks all replys

D.Wilson

Pdox7 Runtime - Lookup Feature

Post by Mike Bes » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

There appears to a problem with "Help and Fill" lookups when using Win NT
and Runtime (7 or 8). My personal experience has been that  it works on
some machines but not other supposidly identical machines. I had to modify
some forms to intercept the lookup call, display a form with the
appropriate lookup table and return the lookip value.

The lookup system works when using "Fill no Help" and also will fill in any
matching fields. I suspect display drivers.

A short term "fix" is to change to "Fill no Help" but you wil need to add a
lookup system to return to full functionality.

If the lookup tables are similar you may be able to use a generic lookup
form which interrogates the field properties to find the lookup table name
and opens the form with this table. I managed to get away with 3 similar
lookup forms for about 20 lookup fields.

Mike Best
--
Mike Best Programming
Brisbane

> Question:

> We have a mult-user application that was develped on a pier2pier
> network under win98 and the application functioned normally. When
> the same application was installed on NT40 Client/Server Network
> (not on the server, but between workstations only) the application
> runs normal, till a Help Fill Lookup field is invoked by using the
> Ctrl + Spacebar... the application locks up and we have to use Task
> Manager to shut down runtime and restart the applic.
> Everything else seems to work normal.

> Anyone knows what may cause this to happen?

> Thanks all replys

> D.Wilson

Pdox7 Runtime - Lookup Feature

Post by Bob Stub » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Howdy:

There's been a lot of threads about the LookupHelp problem with
P7Runtime.  You just need to invalidate that (or capture the
ctrl+spacebar keystrokes) and call a custom lookup form.

HTH.

Bob

1. Table Lookup problems in Pdox7

In using Paradox 7 for Windows 95, I'm having a problem in defining Table
Lookups.  If I assign as a Lookup table a filename longer than 8 characters
(less the .db extension), Paradox will not let me save the file.  I get a
message telling me that a "higher level table is required".  If I rename the
table with a name of 8 characters or less, it will work.  For example, it
would not let me use the table "authority.db" as a Lookup, but it did let me
use "authorit.db".

While dealing with this problem, I also discovered that I cannot seem to
*remove* a Table Lookup definition.  There is the option of *changing* the
definition, but not removing it.  Or is there some place I'm not looking?

Thanks for any help.

Kevin M. Randall

2. Simple Select / Update

3. Pdox7.0/NT&95, lookup tables

4. How to append an value to a list?

5. Pdox7.0/95&NT, lookup tables

6. ADODB Connection String- Two Diff Examples - Two Diff Errors

7. OCX & Pdox7 Runtime

8. Concurrent users

9. pdox7 32 Runtime

10. Pdox7 Runtime - rtlaunch.exe

11. Pdox7 Runtime Reports?

12. Installing Pdox7 Runtime on NT 4.0 Error...

13. Pdox 7 runtime for win3.1 won't run Pdox7 for win95/NT FDL files