Printing forms with OPal

Printing forms with OPal

Post by t.. » Wed, 20 Mar 1996 04:00:00



Hello all, I'm using Pdox 4.5 for Windows.

For reasons I won't delve into now my application prints forms and not
reports.  My problem is that when I use an action(menuFilePrint) I get a
dialog box pop up asking for # of copies with OK and Cancel buttons.

The application prints a 'package' of several forms and I want the user
to choose the # of copies of the whole package elsewhere and then click
OK and just have each form load and print without this user intervention.

How can I click the OK button for the user or avoid the dialog box entirely
when printing each form?

I've heard mention of a sendKeys method - can this work. It seems that
once I send the print command, OPal loses control until the user clicks
OK or Cancel.

Help. Help. Help.

--
Tim Frith

 
 
 

Printing forms with OPal

Post by Raymond Kw » Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:00:00



>Hello all, I'm using Pdox 4.5 for Windows.

>For reasons I won't delve into now my application prints forms and not
>reports.  My problem is that when I use an action(menuFilePrint) I get a
>dialog box pop up asking for # of copies with OK and Cancel buttons.

>The application prints a 'package' of several forms and I want the user
>to choose the # of copies of the whole package elsewhere and then click
>OK and just have each form load and print without this user intervention.

There should be a method controlling the printing - Report Information.
Using ObjectPAL to setup Report Information and then print it in ObjectPAL.

menuFilePrint is the same to use File | Print, so you got a popup dialog box.

Raymond Kwok

Quote:

>How can I click the OK button for the user or avoid the dialog box entirely
>when printing each form?

>I've heard mention of a sendKeys method - can this work. It seems that
>once I send the print command, OPal loses control until the user clicks
>OK or Cancel.

As Windows waiting for user input and halt your current ObjectPAL method,
so your sendKeys does not work. Don't think Windows is a true multitasking
platform, it still has a long way to go.

Quote:

>Help. Help. Help.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////\

// Raymond Kwok /////////////////////////////////////\
// Consultant Computer Section ////////////////////////\
// lkl Consultant Services //////////////////////////////\
// Expertise in Borland Paradox, networking, OS, H/W //////\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

 
 
 

Printing forms with OPal

Post by t.. » Wed, 27 Mar 1996 04:00:00


I'll describe my troubles again in the hopes that some new light will be
shed.

I'm using Pdoxwin 4.5 and I want to print a some forms from my
application. I don't want to use a report because I have some code on the
form which affects the appearance & is vital. I'd love to use a report
but just can't do what I want with calculated fields. Anyway.

I've been using action(menuFilePrint) but this brings up a dialog that
the user must OK and I want a 'seemless' print from the user's point of view.

Somebody suggested using ReportPrintInfo but I still don't see how this
would help unless I wanted to first load the form as a report which I
can't use.

How can I make it so the user doesn't need to interact with the Borland
print dialog?

Also, my output needs to go on legal paper (8.5 x 14). I have a printer
setup menu option so the user can set it to legal but some printers still
require page size to be set manually on their panel. Is there any way
around this so the user can just set it using my application and not
touch the printer?

I REALLY need help on this! Thanks.

--
Tim Frith

 
 
 

Printing forms with OPal

Post by Graeme Alle » Sun, 31 Mar 1996 04:00:00


Tim,

try adding a button called "P_Form" with below code
attached...Regards..Graeme.

   P_Form.hide()
   menuAction(FilePrint)
   P_Form.show()

(I think FilePrint is the constant, if not look in help for the correct
one)


>I'll describe my troubles again in the hopes that some new light will be
>shed.

>I'm using Pdoxwin 4.5 and I want to print a some forms from my
>application. I don't want to use a report because I have some code on the
>form which affects the appearance & is vital. I'd love to use a report
>but just can't do what I want with calculated fields. Anyway.

>I've been using action(menuFilePrint) but this brings up a dialog that
>the user must OK and I want a 'seemless' print from the user's point of view.

>Somebody suggested using ReportPrintInfo but I still don't see how this
>would help unless I wanted to first load the form as a report which I
>can't use.

>How can I make it so the user doesn't need to interact with the Borland
>print dialog?

>Also, my output needs to go on legal paper (8.5 x 14). I have a printer
>setup menu option so the user can set it to legal but some printers still
>require page size to be set manually on their panel. Is there any way
>around this so the user can just set it using my application and not
>touch the printer?

>I REALLY need help on this! Thanks.

>--
>Tim Frith


 
 
 

Printing forms with OPal

Post by Bob Barro » Sun, 31 Mar 1996 04:00:00



>Tim,
>try adding a button called "P_Form" with below code
>attached...Regards..Graeme.
>   P_Form.hide()
>   menuAction(FilePrint)
>   P_Form.show()
>(I think FilePrint is the constant, if not look in help for the correct
>one)

You cand use menuAction(menuFilePrint) or action(dataprint) - either will
work.


>>I'll describe my troubles again in the hopes that some new light will be
>>shed.

>>I'm using Pdoxwin 4.5 and I want to print a some forms from my
>>application. I don't want to use a report because I have some code on the
>>form which affects the appearance & is vital. I'd love to use a report
>>but just can't do what I want with calculated fields. Anyway.

>>I've been using action(menuFilePrint) but this brings up a dialog that
>>the user must OK and I want a 'seemless' print from the user's point of view.

>>Somebody suggested using ReportPrintInfo but I still don't see how this
>>would help unless I wanted to first load the form as a report which I
>>can't use.

>>How can I make it so the user doesn't need to interact with the Borland
>>print dialog?

>>Also, my output needs to go on legal paper (8.5 x 14). I have a printer
>>setup menu option so the user can set it to legal but some printers still
>>require page size to be set manually on their panel. Is there any way
>>around this so the user can just set it using my application and not
>>touch the printer?

>>I REALLY need help on this! Thanks.

>>--
>>Tim Frith


Hope this helps
Bob Barrows
 
 
 

1. PDXW 1.0 Printing form from OPAL script

  Hi, I hope someone can help me out with this.

  I've created a system for a user in which the user can push a button to
create a couple of summary reports and a form with graphs.  When the
button is pushed the script starts up and runs a bunch of queries, prints
the reports using printReportInfo, displays the form on the screen and
tries to print the form.  It gets as far as the dialog box for the print,
where the user must click OK to continue.  I'd like to change that so the
form is automatically printed the same way the reports are, instead of
being opened on the screen.  This has to be a form becuase the graphs are
2D-Summary graphs, not tabular graphs.  Would this problem go away if I
upgraded to PDXW 4.5?  Thanks for any help.

Lisa

2. How to impliment rowl locking?

3. Using OPAL to print a form?

4. ROCKET and vb vars in expressions

5. How do you print a form from OPAL ?

6. multiple databases - interpoerability

7. LPI problem when printing OPAL code

8. timeout on lock feature

9. OPAL Question: Opent/Print Report

10. Printing OPAL code correct ??

11. Paradox 5 - OPal - NT Printing Problem

12. Paradox 7.0 report printing bug (definatly not OPAL error)

13. Pdox Win 5.0 / OPAL / Printing Question