Conversion of dBASE 3 DB to PDOXWIN 5 Table

Conversion of dBASE 3 DB to PDOXWIN 5 Table

Post by Robert D Sherman STP x77 » Tue, 07 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone have the proper procedure for converting dBASE 3 data bases to
Pdoxwin 5 tables.  I have tried to import several different ways but when I
try to modify structure it comes up as Pdox 4 Table.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Bob Sherman
JHU/APL

Conversion of dBASE 3 DB to PDOXWIN 5 Table

Post by Mathew Gyokers Eli » Tue, 07 Nov 1995 04:00:00

        You're not doing anything wrong, a pdox 4 table is the same as a
pdox 5 table except it doesn't use any 5.0 specific field types.

--
Delphi and Paradox Consultant. Member: Borland Delphi Technical Support
            Web Page being relocated- want to provide space?

Borland supplied disclaimer: The services I provide via this message
and all consulting services I may provide are in no way associated with

Conversion of dBASE 3 DB to PDOXWIN 5 Table

Post by Michael Todd Bubli » Sun, 12 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I'm pretty sure this will work.  Under the Tools menu, choose
Utilities->Copy.  Type in the name of the dBase III table, with the DBF
extension (i.e. clients.dbf).  Then, type in the Paradox table you want to
copy in to, with the DB extension (i.e. clients.db).  This will copy the
data and field names to a Paradox table.  If I'm not mistaken, the table
version will default to Paradox 5.0.  If not, you can then use
Tools->Utilities->Table Repair to restructure the table to a 5.0 table.

Hope this helps.

-Mike

: >
: >Does anyone have the proper procedure for converting dBASE 3 data bases to
: >Pdoxwin 5 tables.  I have tried to import several different ways but when I
: >try to modify structure it comes up as Pdox 4 Table.  What am I doing wrong?
: >
: I don't think you are doing anything wrong.  I've found that you cannot
: directly export dbase to pdox but was able to finally copy them over.  If all
: else fails, export to sdf and import back in.
: By the way, there has  been a maintenance upgrade released (#4).

Post by RDA Pr » Mon, 13 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Bublitz) writes:
>I'm pretty sure this will work.  Under the Tools menu, choose
>Utilities->Copy.  Type in the name of the dBase III table, with the DBF
>extension (i.e. clients.dbf).  Then, type in the Paradox table you want
>copy in to, with the DB extension (i.e. clients.db).  This will copy the
>data and field names to a Paradox table.  If I'm not mistaken, the table
>version will default to Paradox 5.0.  If not, you can then use
>Tools->Utilities->Table Repair to restructure the table to a 5.0 table.

>Hope this helps.

>-Mike

>: >
>: >Does anyone have the proper procedure for converting dBASE 3 data
bases to
>: >Pdoxwin 5 tables.  I have tried to import several different ways but
when
>: >try to modify structure it comes up as Pdox 4 Table.  What am I doing
>wrong?
>: >
>: I don't think you are doing anything wrong.  I've found that you cannot
>: directly export dbase to pdox but was able to finally copy them over.
If
>all
>: else fails, export to sdf and import back in.
>: By the way, there has  been a maintenance upgrade released (#4).

It comes up as a pdox 4 table because it doesn't have any 5.0 field types.
Unless you need a 5.0 field type there is no difference that I know of ...

Resource Development Associates
375 High Street
Rochester, MA 02770
(508) 295-7350
Providing solutions to healthcare, nonprofits and governments since 1982

1. Resizable form conversion from Pdoxwin 5 to Pdoxwin 7

A long while back I had downloaded a file (PI9512DF.ZIP) from the Paradox
Informant website.  This file did a great job of resizing Paradox 5.0 forms
to run at a variety of screen resolutions.  I now want to convert the forms
to Paradox 7, however I need to change some of the coding to do this.  The
information to change the coding, to reflect the 32 bit features of Pardox
7, was posted at one time on this news group.  Any help to point me to that
information would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Ellenbecker

2. SQL server 6.0 performance

3. dBase to FoxPro table conversion question

4. Compare Date

5. dBase III Plus to dBase V for Windows Conversion

6. Database doesn't start anymore

7. importing dBase tables into an Access db

8. template query inclusive embedded xml

9. PDOXWIN 5.0 - Data Conversion HELP!

10. PDOXWIN: Text to date field conversions

11. PDOXWIN 4.5 number to string conversion problems

12. Converting pdoxwin 5.0 numbers to dbase

13. dBase II to PDOXWIN 5.0