TKMenu substitute for PDOX DOS 4.02?

Post by 3dlu » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

In converting my (quite complicated and involved) Paradox 3.5
application to Paradox 4.02 for DOS, I'm running into a problem.  I
made extensive use of the Data Entry Toolkit procedures in my 3.5
application such as InitWait, DoWait, RefreshCanvas, etc.  These are
the procedures that are talked about in the back of the 3.5 PAL User's
Guide.  When recompiling my scripts in 4.02, I'm getting errors such
as: Run error: Can't access libraries created with older versions of
PARADOX.  The line it choked on was: readlib "Toolkit" refreshcanvas
It was referring to a library called Toolkit.lib which was created when
the TKMenu script was run for the first time in Paradox 3.5.  There
didn't seem to be a readable script that created the Toolkit.lib file,
so it doesn't seem to be a simple matter of recompilation.  My question
is: is there an easy way around this, or maybe a comparable set of
commands that work in 4.02?  I don't have a 4.02 (4.0) manual because I
downgraded from Paradox 5 for Windows.  If manuals would help, let me
know and I'll go in search of some...  Thanks for any help!
Roy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Steve Gree » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> In converting my (quite complicated and involved) Paradox 3.5
> application to Paradox 4.02 for DOS, I'm running into a problem.  I
> made extensive use of the Data Entry Toolkit procedures in my 3.5
> application such as InitWait, DoWait, RefreshCanvas, etc.

use the CONVERTLIB command to re-compile the toolkit.lib or any lib that
you don't have the source code for..

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

TKMenu substitute for PDOX DOS 4.02?

Post by 3dlu » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for that hint!  It solved everything in my application
seemingly.  I am using the "Interface" option in 4.02 to make my
application look just like the 3.5 application.  However, I'm also
exploring the new interface of 4.02 and like the greater amount of
information it can display.  Am thinking about converting my forms over
to take advantage of the new interface.  Up to this point the
conversion has been pain-free.  Re-doing the forms probably will be a
bit harder...

Roy

> > In converting my (quite complicated and involved) Paradox 3.5
> > application to Paradox 4.02 for DOS, I'm running into a problem.  I
> > made extensive use of the Data Entry Toolkit procedures in my 3.5
> > application such as InitWait, DoWait, RefreshCanvas, etc.

> use the CONVERTLIB command to re-compile the toolkit.lib or any lib
that
> you don't have the source code for..

> --
> Steve Green
> Corel CTech - Paradox
> Diamond Software Group, Inc.
> Waldorf, Maryland  USA

> http://www.diamondsg.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Pdox 3.5 vs.Pdox 4.02 vs. Pdox 4.5

I am about ready to convert my Pdox 3.5 applications to a more stable DOS
version 4.xx version. I have seen various discussion on the differences between
versions 4.02 and 4.5. Considering that my overall goal is to keep my
applications as intact as possible (over 10,000 lines), what should I use? I
hear that 4.5 is *too* different ... requiring major rewrites of applications.
Is 4.02 *perfectly* compatible with 3.5 (OK, *reasonably* compatible!)? Any
reasons to stay with 3.5 versus 4.02? My applications run on Windows 95/98
machines but many of the tables reside on an NT network.

Any input would be most appreciated.
Thank you,
Mark Lyons

2. Oracle8 and clobs

3. Pdox DOS 4.02 and Win XP

4. bcp and money

5. PDOX DOS 4.02 Print File question

6. ODBC problems & Access97

7. Pdox 4.02 DOS - File Locking Problem - Steve Green

8. max row size in SQL Server

9. Help Dos Pdox 4.02 Application Workshop

10. LABELS PDOX 4.02 DOS

11. Importing Text Files into Pdox 4.02 Tables

12. is it possible to make a touchscreen ap with pdox 4.02

13. Pdox 4.02 movement key problem