Passing value of strin variables to a report title

Passing value of strin variables to a report title

Post by Shriram Narayan » Sat, 15 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hi am using PDOXWIN 4.5. I have a small OPAL based application in which the
user enters a start and end date which i store in string variables.

A query is then run using the ~variable method.  My problem is that i want to
use these same variables in the title of my report which is basically the
answer table from the query with a few formatting changes and a title.

Is there a nice way to pass these variables to my report.

Thank YOu

Please mail your responses to

Post by Robert Clemen » Sat, 15 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: Hi am using PDOXWIN 4.5. I have a small OPAL based application in which the
: user enters a start and end date which i store in string variables.

: A query is then run using the ~variable method.  My problem is that i want
: to use these same variables in the title of my report which is basically
: the answer table from the query with a few formatting changes and a title.

: Is there a nice way to pass these variables to my report.

use wri*vironmentString() in the form
use  readEnvironmentString() in a calculated field on the report

Robert Clemenzi

Passing value of strin variables to a report title

Post by Mathew Gyokers Eli » Sun, 16 Jul 1995 04:00:00

        I like to have a text box on the report that I give a name,
then in my form, I say:
formvar.textbox="whatever text or VAR here"

        I don't think there's any particular advantage to this except
maybe that it'd probably be faster and more direct and easier to maintain
later on.

--
Paradox for Windows Consultant. Member: Borland Paradox Technical Support
            Web Page being relocated- want to provide space?

Borland supplied disclaimer: The services I provide via this message
and all consulting services I may provide are in no way associated with

Passing value of strin variables to a report title

Post by tj » Sun, 16 Jul 1995 04:00:00

You can take advantage of environment strings:

var
        str     String
        q       Query
endvar

.. CODE FOR STR VALUE ASSIGNMENT AND THE QUERY/ENDQUERY GOES HERE,
USING ~STR AS A TILDE VARIABLE IN THE QUERY....

wri*vironmentString( "myVar" , str )

...and then make the title of your report be an unbound calculated
field, calculated as:

        readEnvironmentString( "myVar" )

--
tjc