Urgent Help:Corrupt Table/Index Header in a Paradox Table

Urgent Help:Corrupt Table/Index Header in a Paradox Table

Post by Patricio Vera » Thu, 27 Mar 1997 04:00:00

        Help!!

        I need urgent help with a Paradox table. When i tried open this
table the DataBase Desktop send me a message : "Corrupt Table/Index
Header."

        I tried with an program utility call fixit.exe (i find this in The
Delphi SuperPage), but i see the same message.

        Please if you know about this problem send me some tips. The size
of table is 8 Mg.

Thanks a lot.
--
Patricio Vera S.
Ingeniero en Computacin e Informtica

Urgent Help:Corrupt Table/Index Header in a Paradox Table

Post by MHan » Thu, 27 Mar 1997 04:00:00

if you can't open the table at all, and that's the problem, try using
dos to copy the table to a new name and then back again. works for me!

Urgent Help:Corrupt Table/Index Header in a Paradox Table

Post by Isaac Morri » Fri, 28 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Just a thought. We have a master data table and every night I use Plus to
run a dos batch file which executes a copy *.*on the master table to a
table of another name. Copy TABLEONE.* TABLETWO.* . THis serves two
purposes: 1) It allows me to copy back to the original table name in the
event the first table is corrupted (although I try a rebuild first, and you
should try the copy procedure this note originally referred to first). It
also allows us to use the second table to query from so as not to interfere
with daily online entries, since the records lock when they are being
edited. Everyone is aware that they are using data that is only good as of
before start time this morning, but if they need further detail they can
check the original table. It has saved me a lot of headaches -- assuming
you have the disk space available it might help you too!

Good luck!

Post by Ted Herrlic » Fri, 28 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> if you can't open the table at all, and that's the problem, try using
> dos to copy the table to a new name and then back again. works for me!

this actually works??  are you moving it to a new directory away from
all of it's sibling files (.px, val, x . . . .)?

   Ted

Urgent Help:Corrupt Table/Index Header in a Paradox Table

no. i copy table.* and get all the files.

Post by Sundial Servic » Sat, 29 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>> if you can't open the table at all, and that's the problem, try using
>> dos to copy the table to a new name and then back again. works for me!
>this actually works??  are you moving it to a new directory away from
>all of it's sibling files (.px, val, x . . . .)?

It sounds to me like a technique that works with MS-Access databases under
Win95, but I doubt it would work with Paradox.  However, that's what MH said,
so...