Simple question...

Post by cald.. » Fri, 23 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I have a query problem where I can't display all the records from a table. Here's a simplified example:
2 Tables: one with 10 records, the other with 5. They are linked by a common field. When I query them
together, the answer table only contains 5 records. I want to see all 10, but include the information
from the smaller table. Please advice. Thanks

Roberto C aldera

(617)355-7464

Simple question...

Post by Robert D. Mart » Fri, 23 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Subject: Simple question...
>Date: 22 Feb 1996 14:31:17 GMT
>I have a query problem where I can't display all the records from a table. Here's a simplified example:
>2 Tables: one with 10 records, the other with 5. They are linked by a common field. When I query them
>together, the answer table only contains 5 records. I want to see all 10, but include the information
>from the smaller table. Please advice. Thanks
>Roberto C aldera

>(617)355-7464

Use the ! (inclusion operator) in the linking field of the 10 record table.
This will force all records from that table to be returned, regardless of the
presence of matching records in the smaller table.

HTH,

Bob Martin
RDM Data Solutions

Simple question...

Post by Gary L. McQui » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

:>
:>I have a query problem where I can't display all the records from a table.
:Here'
:>s a simplified example:
:>2 Tables: one with 10 records, the other with 5. They are linked by a common
:fie
:>ld. When I query them together, the answer table only contains 5 records. I
:>want to see all 10, but :include the information from the smaller table.
:>Please advice. Thanks
:>
:>Roberto C aldera

:>(617)355-7464
:>
Read about outer and inner joins. Use the "!"

1. SQL7, SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE question

I'm looking for someone to help show me how i can accomplish 2 things.

1) write a simple simple simple stored procedure with SQL 7 that
        a) deletes everything from about 10 tables, or 1 table

2) call this procedure from VB with NO parameters.

I can't find an easyway with the online help. but i'm sure it's a simple
process, can someone help please?

2. Linked Server Error

3. Simple Question...hopefully simple answer

4. How to defrag system tables

5. A simple question, really simple

6. ADO Recordcount -1 ?

7. Simple Set statement this is very simple question

8. replace value in trigger

9. VB5 Pro Masked Edit control - A simple, simple question

10. HELP! simple question need simple answer

11. Newbie: CATALOG sample question (SIMPLE question)

12. Simple question

13. A simple question on Stored procedure with parameter