Dos4.5-Report/calculated field using lookup table field

Dos4.5-Report/calculated field using lookup table field

Post by Jgor » Sat, 14 Jan 1995 04:39:09

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions.  I found that you should leave
the path name out of the field.  For example, just put [table2->unit
price].
It makes sense since that is the only table it is linked to.

Thanks again for the help.

1. Dos4.5-Report/calculated field using lookup table field

 I want to design a report on Table1 in the present directory.  I wish to
use a Table2 in another directory as the lookup.  Everything works fine
until I try to place a calculated field.  Here is a simplified example to
the type of thing I'm trying to do.

Table1 - Master          In present working directory
    Invoice No      A5
    Date              D
    Item Code       A3
    Quantity        S

 Table2 - Lookup         In directory C:\data\testing
    Item Code       A3*
    Unit Price      $

In the report design for Table 1, I place a field for the Unit Price by
first using Field, Lookup for Table 1 abd then placing the field.

I then want a calculated field which multiples quantity * price.  For the
calculated field I type
                [quantity]*[c:\data\testing\table2->unit price]

When I press enter it says syntax error.

Do you have any idea what is wrong?  Can't you place a calculated field
using a field from another directory?  It placed the regular field [Unit
Price] ok, so I would assume it could handle the calculated field.

Appreciate any suggestions from out there.
John

2. Advice

3. Filter on Lookup Field or Calculated Field

4. FileMakerPro and CMDL

5. Lookup field based on calculated field - possible ?

6. Help!! Help!!! Newbie Of SQL 7

7. Lookup fields using more than one field

8. Sybase SQL Anywhere and Delphi 2

9. Multiple lookups in same field using VBPro3.0 Crystal Reports

10. pdox 5: report summary fields for calculated fields?

11. calculated field based on another calculated field

12. calculated field using record num in report problem with 4.5 dos

13. Need help using dates in calculated report fields