DOS 4.02 Lock file blues

Post by Tim Marcinia » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I have several Paradox DOS applications that have been stable on novel 3.11
for years. We just upgraded many of our our computers to Micron P200Pros. I
am spending half my day "Chasing Lock files". These get corrupted for some
reason and then cause the App to crash, the no one can start the app. I
have to log every user of the app off and sometimes I need to turn off PCs
to delete this currupt lock file.

Please Help asap!

DOS 4.02 Lock file blues

Post by Kasey Chang (fix address before replying to m » Fri, 24 Oct 1997 04:00:00

On 22 Oct 1997 20:11:23 GMT, "Tim Marciniak"

>I have several Paradox DOS applications that have been stable on novel 3.11
>for years. We just upgraded many of our our computers to Micron P200Pros. I
>am spending half my day "Chasing Lock files". These get corrupted for some
>reason and then cause the App to crash, the no one can start the app. I
>have to log every user of the app off and sometimes I need to turn off PCs
>to delete this currupt lock file.

First: turn off write-behind caching in smartdrive if you are running
it!

DOS 4.02 Lock file blues

Post by Timothy J. Marcinia » Fri, 24 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Steve:
Sorry, win95
-extk 2048

Should I use -share? The app queries several tables in separate directories.
Some of the tables are occasional load by pdox50 and pdox7.0 using one net
file. Lockup or startup fail are always traced to a corrupt lock file.

Tim

>Tim: we need more info.. what is the exact context
>of the lockup?.. are you running from DOS, or under
>a version of Windows?.. what's the Pdox command line
>look like?

>--
>Steve Green - Diamond software Group - Waldorf Maryland USA

>and Corel's CTech tech support staffs but I don't represent
>Borland International or Corel in any official capacity.

DOS 4.02 Lock file blues