Creating a Mortgage Form & Report

Post by Steven Bur » Thu, 22 Dec 1994 03:15:29

First, Thanks to everyone who has helped in the past.
I am trying to create a form and a report that resembles a HUD-1 (anyone
who has closed will recognize this as the form that show both the seller
and buyers costs).  The form does not seem to be a problem.  I have a
table that contains the HUD Numbers(something like a part number),  a
description of the cost and a default value(in this case always blank).
I link this to a storage database that contains the costs for each
customer, the hud numbers and the loan number for that customer.
Everything seems to work great.  When I add a customer, loan number and
fill out the storage table with the Loan number and costs, it is fine, BUT.
I cannit figure out howw to get this into a report.  The HUD-1 is set up
like a grid.  HUD#, DESCRIPTION, VALUE.  The HUD-1 contains well over 100
different costs all with pre-defined locations that they need to print
in.  Here is the catch, a borrower will only have a few of these costs,
lets say 10).  I need to place these 10 values, in the correct place, and
leave the rest alone.  The only way I know how to do this is to actually
create ALL the HUD numbers in each borrower record (which will be too
rigid for future expansion) and then define the report against all of the
fields in the borrower record.  To me this seems like a waste of space.
A borrower with only 10 costs and the other 90+ costs empty.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to accomplish this.
I am desperate!  I am not a programmer, but somehow got this job!
Thanks

1. Need VB5.0 code to create a Mortgage Calculator

Hi

I am night school student in need of VB 5.0 code to create a Mortgage
Calculator.  Can you please tell me where I can get some code to help me
Create a Mortgage Calculator.  I have started from scratch but I am having
problems getting the program to work.  If you can help me with some basic

Input specifications:
        Name
        Cost of Home
        Downpayment
        Interest Rate
        Term of loan in years

Processing Specifications:
        Calculate the payment for each year and list years
        Beginning Balance for each year
        Ending Balance for each year
        Amount of payment that is interest
        Amount of payment that is principle
        Years Remaining

2. Printer problems - number 1

3. Can VB4 create Access Forms,Modules,Report?

4. Oracle 8.0.5 For AIX

5. Crystal Reports: How to Create a Form Letter?

6. Wanted!!! Good Analyst Programmer (Software House)

7. Creating a report from a form in FPW 2.5a

8. Problem in accessing dbaseIII+ index info

9. Oracle Forms & Reports - CT / USA

10. Reports 3.0 & DD Form 1149

11. Crystal Reports 7 & Oracle Forms 5 Question

12. Report Builder 6.0 & interface form

13. Forms & Reports