Where to post?

Post by Brun » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could post Paradox items for sale
(books, Cd's)? I am new to newsgroups but I do not where to post my ad.
Could anyone help?

1. SQL Travel Timetables repost [post post post apology etc]

Anyone got any experience in setting up a timetable on SQL Server.
Essentially, I want to answer the question..........

SHOW [TIMETABLE] FOR [ROUTE] BETWEEN [STATION A] AND [STATION B] BETWEEN
[TIME A] AND [TIME B]

A timetable will have a Route, Stations and Journeys.
So there MAY be a Routes table(RouteID & RouteName),

a Stations table containing a stID, RouteID, stationName, order  [select
stationName from stations where RouteID=XXX and stID > A and stID <= B order
by order] = Route between station A and station B

A journey could be thought of as a vehicle that starts at a particular time
and travels through stations on a route  so
there may be several journeys in a day [ie  a column in a timetable]. note
that for a particular station in a route, there may not be a journey entry
=> vehicle doesnt stop there. So a Journey table might contain
jID, stID, RouteID, departTime [select departTime from journeys where stID
in (see above statement or similar) and departTime > time A and departTime
<= time B.

Am I oversimplifying the problem or making it too complex, or am I on the
wrong track alltogether. Any help on setting up the table structure would be
appreciated.

It has been suggested that I look at some books by Joe Celko.  I now have
them and am beginning to peruse. (a bit cryptic in places but the Puzzles
and answers book may have something similar but disguised). Any comments.

Paul L.

2. Test message - Please ignore

3. Travel Timetables repost [post post post apology etc]

4. What is a relationship between number of lines and package size??

5. READ PREVIOUS POSTS BEFORE POSTING YOURSELF!

6. How to: convert int to time

7. why does post not always post?

8. Wanted: Transact-SQl reference

9. Post not posting - D3

10. Edit+Post much slower than Insert+Post !

11. HELP -- Posting and not posting

12. Having problem with POST while using it for posting data in a multi record block

13. OT: Top post v. bottom post