Pdox 3.5 vs.Pdox 4.02 vs. Pdox 4.5

Post by TexasMe » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I am about ready to convert my Pdox 3.5 applications to a more stable DOS
version 4.xx version. I have seen various discussion on the differences between
versions 4.02 and 4.5. Considering that my overall goal is to keep my
applications as intact as possible (over 10,000 lines), what should I use? I
hear that 4.5 is *too* different ... requiring major rewrites of applications.
Is 4.02 *perfectly* compatible with 3.5 (OK, *reasonably* compatible!)? Any
reasons to stay with 3.5 versus 4.02? My applications run on Windows 95/98
machines but many of the tables reside on an NT network.

Any input would be most appreciated.
Thank you,
Mark Lyons

Pdox 3.5 vs.Pdox 4.02 vs. Pdox 4.5

Post by Michael Kenned » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

4.02 is the only way to go, Mark, IMO.

4.5 has many improvements, especially a much nicer de*, but you
probably don't need most of those features just now.

 - Mike

Pdox 3.5 vs.Pdox 4.02 vs. Pdox 4.5

Post by Steve Gree » Sat, 06 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I am about ready to convert my Pdox 3.5 applications to a more stable DOS
> version 4.xx version. I have seen various discussion on the differences between
> versions 4.02 and 4.5.

If you want to keep your app as-is (at first and/or forever), you want 4.02
Compatible Mode.. if you're willing to make some minor, but annoying, global
chnages, 4.5 FullScreen Mode can be used..

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com    <- please note our new web site

1. Migration from Pdox 3.5 to Pdox 4.5 under Windows

I have had problems in running Pdox 4.5 under Windows 3.1 as far as data
integrity is concerned.  I simply use the Pdoxdos.pif file in the pdox45
directory and all is well.

LH

--
"They must be Texans...lowest form of whitemen there is." - Robert Duvall
in "Geronimo"

L. Howard
Web Services Consultant, The Capitalist Pig Web Site
http://www.tek-efx.com

2. Lost form

3. pdox 4.5 vs pdox 5.0

4. Copy a table using ADO

5. DOS PDOX 3.5 conversion to PDOX WINDOWS, Need conversion Utilites

6. Replication Tool

7. Pdox 5.0 and Pdox 3.5

8. Visual Fox sites ?

9. Question: pdox(dos) vs. pdox(win)

10. Pdox 5.0 vs. Pdox 1.0

11. pdox(dos) vs. pdox(win)

12. HOW DO I CONVERT A PDOX 4.5 SCRIPT TO PDOX 5 OR 8 FOR WIN