pdox40 (dos) problem on pentium II

Post by LEON EZMA » Sun, 22 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am unable to get paradox for dos (4.02) to run on Pentium II even after
changing pdoxdos.pif file to -extK 16000.  If I type paradox extk 16000 at
command line it will open, but I need just to type paradox as on older
machines.

Interestingly, if I double click on the pdoxdos.pif file in the Windows98
Find feature - paradox opens and runs just fine in windows.  When I attempt
to make pdoxdos.pif a desktop shortcut I get the error message and dumped.

I really need to just type paradox at the ms-dos prompt (command line) and
have paradox run.  A step by step set of instructions would help me.
Thanks.

Lee Ezman

pdox40 (dos) problem on pentium II

Post by Mike Irwin [CTech » Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Why do you need to just type "Paradox" when you're using (or trying to
use) a link ?

Either way, try using a Batch file.

Mike
--
Mike Irwin
[Volunteer CTech Sysop, not a Corel employee

Post by Steve Gree » Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> I really need to just type paradox at the ms-dos prompt (command line)
> and
> have paradox run.  A step by step set of instructions would help me.

Make a batch file with the appropriate command line switches.. run the
batch file.. pretty simple, eh?.. <g>

Actually, you don't need the old .pif at all.. that isn't the way you do
things in Win95/98/NT.. open a new shortcut.. feed it the command line
or batch file you use.. then go into Properties of the new icon and
check "Close On Exit " and pick a better icon.. that's all there is to
it..

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox