Paradox 7 and FAT32

Post by Bill Hanna » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Ken

Upgrade the BDE version 3.5 or above is needed to handle fat32.  You can
find updates to the BDE on the Borland / inprise web site.

Bill

>I've been having the*ens of a time getting Paradox 7 to run
>properly on machines running Win95 OSR 2.5 with FAT32.  If I fdisk and
>reformat the drive with FAT16, Pdox7 installs and runs fine (well, it
>still needs the update patches), but this isn't practical to do for
>every machine in my network (24 nodes).  Is this a known issue?  Is
>there a fix or work-around?  I've considered Paradox 8, but have been
>told that it's rather finicky about installing on a machine with less
>than a 200 Mhz processor -- all my machines are Pentium 90s or 100s.
>Any truth to this?  Thanks for any insight...

>Ken S.

Paradox 7 and FAT32

Post by krh » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>I've been having the*ens of a time getting Paradox 7 to run
>properly on machines running Win95 OSR 2.5 with FAT32.  If I fdisk and
>reformat the drive with FAT16, Pdox7 installs and runs fine (well, it
>still needs the update patches), but this isn't practical to do for
>every machine in my network (24 nodes).  Is this a known issue?  Is
>there a fix or work-around?  I've considered Paradox 8, but have been
>told that it's rather finicky about installing on a machine with less
>than a 200 Mhz processor -- all my machines are Pentium 90s or 100s.
>Any truth to this?  Thanks for any insight...

>Ken S.

TO: KEN  S

YOU NEED THE FAT 32 UPGRADE
IF YOU ARE IN THE UK GET A COPY OF PC PRO OCT 1998
OR DOWN  LOAD PATCH FROM Corel.com

Regards

Paradox 7 and FAT32

Post by Richard Cart » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

: >I've been having the*ens of a time getting Paradox 7 to run
: >properly on machines running Win95 OSR 2.5 with FAT32.  If I fdisk and
<snip>
: YOU NEED THE FAT 32 UPGRADE
: IF YOU ARE IN THE UK GET A COPY OF PC PRO OCT 1998
: OR DOWN  LOAD PATCH FROM Corel.com

What you need is a newer version of the Borland Database Engine,
at least 3.5 or better.  Also a free download from
http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Paradox 7 patch - FAT32

Hi,

Eagerly awaiting for my reseller to receive Paradox 9, I need to work in the
meantime and I'm trying to install my (old) version of Paradox 7 on my new
machine. It installs fine but I'm trying to run the patch (pdx7upd4.exe).
The patch uncompresses normally. Then patch.exe should decompress 3 files,
disable some DLL and restart Windows. After decompressing the files
(prepatch.exe, pospatch.exe, patch32.dll), a message windows warns that the
patch is going to close three DLL files. I click OK but then another message
windows reports that the DLL files have not been found and that the patch
should be run in the proper directory (where the pdxwin32.exe file is
located).

Of course that's where I'm trying to run the patch.

Could this have something to do with the disk being formatted with a FAT32 ?
Any other idea ?

Thanks in advance
Robert Monnier

2. ADO ReadText() gives unpredictable results !

3. Paradox 7 fat32 patch found here

4. Lazywriter: LRU List is corrupt

5. problem:paradox 7 with win 98 and fat32

6. Access help with picture box

7. Paradox 8 and Win95 FAT32

8. Paradox 3.5 & FAT32

9. Win95 OSR 2.1 CD $35 W/Fat32, Fat converter, Full install

10. Which is best NTFS or FAT32

11. Win95 OSR 2.1 CD $35 W/Fat32, Fat converter, Full install

12. NTmssql to fat32?