Paradox5 Normal and delivered file format

Paradox5 Normal and delivered file format

Post by <r.. » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 12:19:41

Hi
Some kind person posted a reply few weeks ago, on how to tell if an
application were delivered using Runtime or not, could you be kind enough to
post the answer again ?
Many thanks

Post by Steven Gree » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:50:25

> Some kind person posted a reply few weeks ago, on how to tell if an
> application were delivered using Runtime or not, could you be kind enough to
> post the answer again ?

that's two different questions..

as for "delivered".. undelivered forms and reports are fsl and rsl.. delivered
forms and reports are fdl and rdl.. you need the undelivered ones to make
changes and/or re-compile for any reason..

as for "runtime".. just check the name, location, properties, etc of the main
exe file and associated files.. not necessarily the same for every version and
installation, but it'll be quite obvious which one you've got..

--

Steve Green - Diamond Software Group, Inc - Waldorf Maryland USA
Corel CTech Paradox - http://www.diamondsg.com - Support/Downloads/Links

Do you need a Sanity Check? http://www.diamondsg.com/sanity.htm
Upgrade/Downgrade versions? http://www.diamondsg.com/upgrade.htm

1. HELP: Importing DOS format to Paradox5 for windows

Experiencing serious problems in the management of 15000 files, 400
subdirectories, 14 logical drives with all up 1.6 gig. with DOS6.22 or
WIN3.11. Can't find anything in books or Microsoft website

Good'ay

What I am trying to do, is to keep track, in the Microsoft database of my
DOUBLE files and extra files which creeps up from time to time, on my
system.
I am writing programs.
I want to keep track of all these files in a simple manner using DOS or
WIN3.11 .

What I am trying to start with is a listing of all my directories and
files:

example:  Template A;
c:\dir1\subdir1\          file1.ext  filesize   date  time
c:\dir1\subdir1\          file2.ext  filesize   date  time
c:\dir2\                  file3.ext  filesize   date  time
c:\dir2\subdir1\          file4.ext  filesize   date  time
c:\dir3\subdir1\subdir1   file5.ext  filesize   date  time

or this Template B;

file1.ext  filesize   date  time   c:\dir1\subdir1\
file2.ext  filesize   date  time   c:\dir1\subdir1\
file3.ext  filesize   date  time   c:\dir2\
file4.ext  filesize   date  time   c:\dir2\subdir1\
file5.ext  filesize   date  time   c:\dir3\subdir1\subdir1

---------------------
What I finish with is this:
  Directory of c:\dir1\subdir1\
file1.ext  filesize   date  time
file2.ext  filesize   date  time

  Directory of c:\dir2\
file3.ext  filesize   date  time

  Directory of c:\dir2\subdir1\
file4.ext  filesize   date  time

  Directory of c:\dir3\subdir1\subdir1
file5.ext  filesize   date  time
- - - - - -  IT IS POSSIBLE TO IMPORT A Fixed Length Text or Delimited
Text LIST TO ANY DATABASE but not the way it presents itself after DIR
command.

YES I CAN EDIT MANUALLY EVERY 15000 FILES, 400 DIRECTORIES AND 14 DRIVES.
IT TAKES ME AROUND 80 HOURS OF SOLID WORK EVERY MONTHS plus a 2% human
errors due to human manipulation of data.

By using the command ,DIR and TREE, with switches; DOSSHELL;  WIN3.11

DIR  c:\*.ext /s

it still doens't work.

Certainly I can write a program to do that. What for? There must be a
simply way.

------  Questions  --------
I can create a switch to the DIR command. This switch will remove the
word "Directory of" and put in front/or at the back of every file the
name of the Directory+Subdirectory it belongs to.
 How to go about it with the assembler? which file should I modify?

Any other ideas will be appreciated?

Cheers   Guy

2. Copying/Printing Problem - Need Ideas

3. Need to know how to go from delivered file to source file -please help

4. US-DC-SENIOR ORACLE DBA

5. Backup conrol file and normal control file

6. DAO/Indexes

7. Form|Deliver does not deliver form

8. CALLING ALL DATABASE GURUS -- migration from Access 2.0 database

9. DB2 7.1 AIX 4.3.3 Files system from normal to large file enabled

10. Mac File Format to PC File Format

11. transaction log fills every 30 days log file size is 500MB is this normal

12. How to delete normal DOS/Files via PAL

13. Save a file in TXT format/Sauver une fiche en format TXT