Paradox 5.0 and WinWord6 ODBC password bug

Paradox 5.0 and WinWord6 ODBC password bug

Post by Norm Re » Fri, 23 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Dear All,

I am experiencing a problem when I try and mail merge in WinWord6
from a Paradox 5.0 *.db file.  I am asked for a password when no
password has been set up.  Is this a ODBC driver problem and if so
can I simply obtain a new driver that will fix the problem or is
there a work around?  If the answer is in a faq please direct me to
the location of it.

Norm Reed

DND/DREO/Aerospace Radar & Navigation
3701 Carling Avenue
Building T86
Ottawa, ON, Canada
K1A 0K2
613-998-2891
fax 990-8906
ve3aji and ve7alw

Paradox 5.0 and WinWord6 ODBC password bug

Post by David Sherm » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Word 6 can't read paradox 5.0 format. Sorry. Try paradox 4.5 format
or use Win 95 and Word 7.

>Dear All,
>I am experiencing a problem when I try and mail merge in WinWord6
>from a Paradox 5.0 *.db file.  I am asked for a password when no
>password has been set up.  Is this a ODBC driver problem and if so
>can I simply obtain a new driver that will fix the problem or is
>there a work around?  If the answer is in a faq please direct me to
>the location of it.
>Thanks,
>--
>Norm Reed

>DND/DREO/Aerospace Radar & Navigation
>3701 Carling Avenue
>Building T86
>Ottawa, ON, Canada
>K1A 0K2
>613-998-2891
>fax 990-8906
>ve3aji and ve7alw

Constructive Computing Consulting
366 West Fourth Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201-3104
614-294-0671

Compuserve Addess 75162,2711

Post by Sean Chatterto » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> Dear All,

> I am experiencing a problem when I try and mail merge in WinWord6
> from a Paradox 5.0 *.db file.  I am asked for a password when no
> password has been set up.  Is this a ODBC driver problem and if so
> can I simply obtain a new driver that will fix the problem or is
> there a work around?  If the answer is in a faq please direct me to
> the location of it.

> Thanks,
> I had the same problem a while ago. You need to purchase an ODBC driver compatible with PDOX 5.0

The current drivers will only work up to 3.5. A company called INTERSOLVE has updated drivers,
but I have no idea of the cost, or an address. Borland Tech Support will provide a contact number
 to Intersolve.

In the meantime, you can export the tables to another format and use the mail merge that way.

Sean Chatterton

Post by Andrew Benne » Mon, 26 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>The current drivers will only work up to 3.5. A company called INTERSOLVE has updated drivers,
>but I have no idea of the cost, or an address. Borland Tech Support will provide a contact number
> to Intersolve.
>In the meantime, you can export the tables to another format and use the mail merge that way.

There's http://www.intersolv.com/ as a web URL.

Andrew
--
  Andrew Bennett

  http://taz.hyperreal.com/~abennett/

1. OpenServer 5.0 / Informix password bug?

Greetings --

SCO OpenServer 5.0
DB-Access Version 7.20.UC5
Windows 95 ODBC 3.0.23.1 (shouldn't matter?)

Can anyone explain the following behavior?
---
1) ODBC to Informix works find with user "jhannah", password "1stPW".
2) Telnet to OpenServer, change passwd jhannah to "DifferentPW".
3) ODBC to Informix errors:
        [Informix][sqlinfmx.dll] SQL Error (-952):
        User's password is not correct for the database server.
4) (ODBC with old password gives the same error -- as expected)
   Shut down oninit, start it back up.
5) ODBC to Informix gives the same error.
6) Hmmm... Reboot OpenServer.
7) ODBC to Informix gives the same error.
8) Telnet to OpenServer, change passwd jhannah back to "1stPW".
9) ODBC to Informix works fine.
--

Is this a bug? Can I *never* change passwords on users I want to be able
to use ODBC?

Perplexed,

Jay

2. DataGrid Blinking Cursor

3. No ODBC to WinWord6 ???

4. AIX 4.2 and Oracle 7.2.2.3

5. Importing Password Protected Paradox 5.0 Tables Into MS Access 2000

6. ADO throws "Object invalid or no longer set" error.

7. Problem with security and passwords -- Paradox 5.0 for Windows

8. Power Builder Question

9. Paradox 5.0 and MSVC/ODBC2 password problem?

10. Paradox 5.0 Resolution Bug?

11. Paradox 5.0 Insert and Delete Query Bug?

12. Paradox 5.0 BUG (?) Index out of date

13. PARADOX 5.0 Bugs/Not supported ?