Paradox database software for DOS

Post by Peps » Sun, 30 Mar 1997 04:00:00

If anyone has an old version of this software would you please download it

I would greatly appreciate it

Thank you

Paradox database software for DOS

Post by Steve Urba » Sun, 30 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Whoa!  Paradox is Copyrighted regardless HOW OLD.
PDOX DOS is for sale still.
Only Runtime can be distributed (Must be with an app). If the reciever
runs another app with runtime, I do not believe they have violated the
original Licence for runtime.
BTW if you are REALY good with PAL, there is almost nothing that can't
be done with runtime. Build Libraries, View/CoEdit tables. Designing
Forms and Reports can be a REAL B...tch, but it COULD be done.

Steve

        _

  / / /                              http://www.greenduck.com

Post by Daniel A. Morga » Tue, 01 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> If anyone has an old version of this software would you please download

> I would greatly appreciate it

I have no doubt you would but what you are asking for is a direction
violation of Federal Law. I strongly suggest that you go to a newsgroup
that accepts commercial postings and purchase it.

Daniel A. Morgan

Post by Peter W » Wed, 02 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> Whoa!  Paradox is Copyrighted regardless HOW OLD.
> PDOX DOS is for sale still.
> Only Runtime can be distributed (Must be with an app). If the reciever
> runs another app with runtime, I do not believe they have violated the
> original Licence for runtime.
> BTW if you are REALY good with PAL, there is almost nothing that can't
> be done with runtime. Build Libraries, View/CoEdit tables. Designing
> Forms and Reports can be a REAL B...tch, but it COULD be done.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^

   The license agreement (in 3.5 anyway) explicitly excludes producing a
product that
   mimics the full interactive product.

Peter Wachtel
Databars Australia.

Post by Steve Urba » Wed, 02 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>> Whoa!  Paradox is Copyrighted regardless HOW OLD.
>> PDOX DOS is for sale still.
>> Only Runtime can be distributed (Must be with an app). If the reciever
>> runs another app with runtime, I do not believe they have violated the
>> original Licence for runtime.
>> BTW if you are REALY good with PAL, there is almost nothing that can't
>> be done with runtime. Build Libraries, View/CoEdit tables. Designing
>> Forms and Reports can be a REAL B...tch, but it COULD be done.
>    ^^^^^^^^^^^

>   The license agreement (in 3.5 anyway) explicitly excludes producing a
>product that
>   mimics the full interactive product.

>Peter Wachtel
>Databars Australia.

I was refering to developing / Fixing an application NOT mimicing PDOX
interactive.
BTW I have done a Proc for a report spec on a Xtab table that modifies
the Standard Report to something prettier.
I had to do it that way because I never knew how many fields were in
the Table until it was run. (It was a sports competition participants
round tree)

Steve

        _
       | \                           Steve Urbach
       |  )erek

  / / /                              http://www.greenduck.com

1. migrating DOS Paradox v3.5 to DOS Paradox v4.5 under Win3.x

Source: DOS v6.2,          DOS Paradox v3.5, 4MB RAM laptop
Target: DOS v6.2/Win3.1,   DOS Paradox v4.5, 4MB RAM laptop

Synopsis:
we want to run our DOS Paradox app under Windows with as little
aggravation as possible!  We are simply trying to enable our users to
utilise other apps under windows.  Our app will continue to run in a
DOS session once we migrate the v3.5 app to v4.5 .
We will imgrate our app to Win Paradox LATER!
Currently, we simply want to get to Windows ASAP...

How do we do it?
Any problems?
Anyone done it?
What are the issues?
How do we optimise our performance?
How do we get to exploit (all) the 4MB?
Any known bugs/problems/workaraounds/etc.?

Thanks!
Chris Fox
(New Zealand)

  tel.:  (04) 802-8853 (from USA: 011-64-4-802-8853)
mobile: (025) 502-301  (from USA: 011-25-502-301)

2. escape sequence conflicting w/ backup (i.e. pg_dump)

3. PARADOX ENGINE in DOS and PARADOX database

4. US-So East-Progress DBA-Internet-WSI

5. need for help to restore an old paradox 4.0 for DOS software

6. Des/2000 - WBS - font changing

7. Paradox 4.0 DOS Software

8. Super question about system tables

9. Looking for scheduling software that will handshake with paradox 4.0(dos)

10. Converting Paradox 4.0 for DOS databases to Access or modern windows networked database

11. Smart Software MS.DOS Database, Speadsheet, etc)

12. Question regarding database software for Win95/DOS