Blank zero values in reports?

Post by Karl Perr » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:20:16

Using P9.

I've a report continaing several columns of numeric integer values.  For
many rows, certain fields will have values of zero.  Is there a simple way
to make zero values appear as blanks on the report instead of zeros?

I.E:

Now:
ColName   Sept   Oct    Nov
MyRow1           0     15        9
MyRow2         18       0        6

I want:
ColName   Sept   Oct    Nov
MyRow1                   15       9
MyRow2         18                 6

TIA,

Karl Perry

Blank zero values in reports?

Post by Tony McGuir » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:32:52

There are at least 2 ways.

Scan the table in advance and blank zero values.

In the report, place a calculated field instead of the actual field :

iif([table.field]=0,"",[table.field])

Tony

"I woke up and was able to get myself out of bed.
Being that fortunate, what's to complain about?"
_____________

Blank zero values in reports?

Post by Liz » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:33:33

Karl,

Any number of ways.  Is the field a string, integer or number type?
Can the value be negative?

1. You can "clean" the table prior to running the report - code or
query would work.

2. You can make every field calculated with an iif() statement which
checks if the value is 0 (or less than 1, 0.01, whatever; or between a
negative and positive range) and if so, show blank, otherwise show the
field value.

Liz

> Using P9.

> I've a report continaing several columns of numeric integer values.  For
> many rows, certain fields will have values of zero.  Is there a simple way
> to make zero values appear as blanks on the report instead of zeros?

> I.E:

> Now:
> ColName   Sept   Oct    Nov
> MyRow1           0     15        9
> MyRow2         18       0        6

> I want:
> ColName   Sept   Oct    Nov
> MyRow1                   15       9
> MyRow2         18                 6

> TIA,

> Karl Perry

Blank zero values in reports?

Post by Pieter Cremer » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:59:38

Well Tony,

You did beat her with one minut.
But then I think that's because you used less sentences (:))

Pieter Cremers

Quote: