Runtime and Compress.exe?

Post by Michael Tayl » Fri, 12 Jan 1996 04:00:00

On the developer's disk accompanying the Pdox 5.0 runtime the
readme.txt talks about "compress.exe" that comes with Borland C++ and
the Windows SDK for the compression of the application files (it
doesn't come with the runtime!). I have used these but the
installation procedure just ignores my compressed files - is there an
alternative to use? The compress.exe that comes with those 2 progs
compresses each individual file rather than zipping them up into a .lz
file (which is what the help and the readme talk about).

I would appreciate any answer.
Mike Taylor

 Paint Research Association
 PRA  8 Waldegrave Road  TEDDINGTON  TW11 8LD UK
 Tel: +44 (181) 977 4427          Fax: +44 (181) 943 4705

Runtime and Compress.exe?

Post by Mathew Gyokers Eli » Fri, 12 Jan 1996 04:00:00

        Only compress.exe will work with the runtime installation program. If you
want to you a different, 3rd party install, then there's no issue.

--
Delphi and Paradox Consultant. Member: Borland Delphi Technical Support

       Paradox Web Page: http://www.pagescape.com/fire/pdox/

          My words are my own, I don't speak for Borland.

1. Runtime 5.0 compress.exe

Does anyone know if the compress.exe supplied on runtime 4.5 will work
on runtime 5.0, or do I need a new file?  If so where could I get this
file?  Thanks in advance for all your help.
Phil
--
Phil Risch   Sales Manager
Old Republic Title

2. New tables

3. Compress.exe In Runtime 5

4. ODBC Driver for Paradox

5. COMPRESS.EXE for Runtime [Win 5.0]

6. composite key

7. PFW5 Runtime COMPRESS.EXE program needed

8. Queries give ODBC call failure

9. PDW 5 Runtime -- COMPRESS.EXE

10. HELP: A DLL that can compress like COMPRESS.EXE

11. COMPRESS.EXE question

12. COMPRESS.EXE

13. Compressing exe files with Winzip