Pdox4.5 - Running a query in CoEdit mode

Pdox4.5 - Running a query in CoEdit mode

Post by Sunil Pill » Sat, 07 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hi All.

To run a query in CoEdit mode, I do the following
  COEDIT <tablenamelist>
  <processing>
  DO_IT!
  QUERY
    <query>
  ENDQUERY
  DO_IT!
  <processing>
  <clear ANSWER table>
  <clear Query form>
  COEDITKEY
Is this the right way?

Thanks, take care.
--
Sunil Pillai

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Pdox4.5 - Running a query in CoEdit mode

Post by Jerry Prath » Mon, 09 Oct 1995 04:00:00

writes:
:>
:>Hi All.
:>
:>To run a query in CoEdit mode, I do the following
:>  COEDIT <tablenamelist>
:>  <processing>
:>  DO_IT!
:>  QUERY
:>    <query>
:>  ENDQUERY
:>  DO_IT!
:>  <processing>
:>  <clear ANSWER table>
:>  <clear Query form>
:>  COEDITKEY
:>Is this the right way?
:>
:>Thanks, take care.
:>--
:>Sunil Pillai

:>Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Well..what you do works just fine, but you're not in the COEDIT mode when you
run the query.  QUERY only works in the main mode.  That's where you go when
you include the DO_IT! line just before QUERY.

Pdox4.5 - Running a query in CoEdit mode

Post by Steve Gree » Wed, 11 Oct 1995 04:00:00

There is no other way to do a query without taking
the tables off the workspace.. your sample code is
the only way that you *can* do that..

--
Steve Green - Diamond Software Group - Waldorf, MD, USA
71543,2577 Compuserve - TBMG62A Prodigy - I am a member