Form|Deliver does not deliver form

Post by Tracy A. Kuh » Wed, 24 Aug 1994 23:53:18

When choosing Form|Deliver, the form does not get delivered.  Instead, it
open up the form for viewing.  This does not happen on all forms, but it has
been becoming more and more frequent.  Does anyone have a clue as to what is
causing the problem???

By the way, we are running Paradox 4.5 for windows.  Thanks for your help in
advance.

Form|Deliver does not deliver form

Post by jfl.. » Thu, 25 Aug 1994 22:52:19

Quote:>When choosing Form|Deliver, the form does not get delivered.  Instead, it
>open up the form for viewing.  This does not happen on all forms, but it has
>been becoming more and more frequent.  Does anyone have a clue as to what is
>causing the problem???

>By the way, we are running Paradox 4.5 for windows.  Thanks for your help in
>advance.

We also have the same problem.  Whenever we go to deliver a form, it runs the
form instead of delivering it.  I was able to deliver some very small forms.
Could this be a memory problem?

BTW, if you go to the file manager and rename the form from .fsl to .fdl,
Parodox will think the form is delivered and not allow you to edit that form.
It still has the source code attached to it, but it will prevent the users
from getting into design mode.

          _/ _/_/_/_/ _/    _/ _/    _/ **************************
         _/ _/    _/ _/    _/ _/_/  _/  * John Flack             *
        _/ _/    _/ _/_/_/_/ _/  _/_/   * Programmer/Analyst     *
 _/    _/ _/    _/ _/    _/ _/    _/    * USD Computing Services *

                                        **************************

Form|Deliver does not deliver form

Post by e.. » Thu, 25 Aug 1994 23:30:56

This is caused by referring to an object by its noise name in your OPal code.
If you change the noise name (#Page2 etc.) to something else and then change
your code to match, you'll be fine.
+==========================================================+
|     /\  ~~                   Ernie DeVries               |
| ~~ /  \/\      End User Computing & Information Services |

|   Northern Arizona University   "The Mountain Campus"    |
+==========================================================+

1. FORM\DELIVER DOES NOT DEL

I had this problem in 1.0.  I didn't kow if they changed it or not for
4.5.  Check to be sure you are not referencing noise names in your code.
Noise names are those default names paradox gives everything, like
#Page2.  You can not use these names in code.  You have to rename any
objects before you program for them.

LATER
CARL

Carl E. Leiby                     |

2. What does this mean? "NOTICE: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress

3. Form delivered UTF-8 non-English encoding fails from URL

4. Error

5. Delivered Forms

6. DOS 'special' characters in VFP?

7. Delivered forms

8. Can I get access to MS SQL via DSN (MSDASQL provider) without supply password in code ?

9. Code to deliver ALL your Forms and Reports

10. Bug in PDox 7 (32 Bit) Delivered Forms???

11. Possible bug: Paradox 7 and delivered forms

12. Need to re-deliver form

13. Pdoxwin 4.5 and form delivering