IDAPI Config with Paradox 5 & WFW311

Post by Steve Hendershot » Tue, 10 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have Paradox 5.0 and am when I installed some Windows Networking on
Workgroups, Paradox does not work. It says it cannot initialize IDAPI for
network access.

I can run Paradox if I start windows without networking (win /N). I don't
really use any of the network to run Paradox, but I still need to share
printers.

Any help?

Thanks,

Steve
--
Steve Hendershott
AT&T

Post by jpere » Fri, 13 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> I have Paradox 5.0 and am when I installed some Windows Networking on
> Workgroups, Paradox does not work. It says it cannot initialize IDAPI for
> network access.

> I can run Paradox if I start windows without networking (win /N). I don't
> really use any of the network to run Paradox, but I still need to share
> printers.

> Any help?

> Thanks,

> Steve
> --
> Steve Hendershott
> AT&T

I had the same problem.  IDAPI wants the pdoxusers.net location. You
need to tell it where to put this file so it can later find it.  It's
supposed to do all the work you just need to tell it where.  I did learn
you cant put it in the pdoxwin directory it needs to be outside of
paradox and idapi.  Hope this helps