x window like resources in pdoxwin

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Sat, 28 May 1994 13:14:35

[clip clip]

: ...the same font typefaces as the customer's system.  The Guide to
: ObjectPAL Appendix C describes the value of property Font.Typeface
: as "Depends on system".  What does Paradox do when a font is not found?

It substitutes Roman or Arial instead.  I designed several forms with our
company's distinct logo (we found the exact font it was in), but we
didn't install the fonts in all computers.  The Logo came out in Roman on
one computer that does not have the font.

--Kasey Chang

x window like resources in pdoxwin

Post by Scott McClanah » Fri, 27 May 1994 10:10:43

The Windows for Paradox properties are an instant facination for X Window
programers.  They are the mechanism to change the appearance of user
interface objects.  For example, a text object has background and
foreground colors, and it has font typeface, point size, and style.
You can set properties interactively with popup menus, and you can
change them in an Object PAL program.

The X Window system uses properties, too.  You can set them through
a startup mechanism called the resource manager.  This method reads
lists of object names with property names and values and initializes
the appearance of the application.  Paradox does not seem to have
this feature.  Please send me email if you know of a similar
capability in Paradox.

use available values.  For example, the available fonts differ on
each machine. An application developed on one machine may not have
the same font typefaces as the customer's system.  The Guide to
ObjectPAL Appendix C describes the value of property Font.Typeface
as "Depends on system".  What does Paradox do when a font is not found?

Are there any products or publications that address this issue in Paradox?

Scott McClanahan