Paradox DOS to Paradox Windows Conversion help needed

Paradox DOS to Paradox Windows Conversion help needed

Post by Bryan Mo » Sun, 29 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Ok, I'm reposting this again in one last cry for help. If anyone has
ANY suggestions, please respond.

Can anyone help me to either find or write a routine which duplicates
the "MultiAdd" routine found in Paradox DOS? I've never used the
routine, and don't know exactly what it should be doing. I need to
duplicate it for a conversion that I'm doing.

Someone please help

Bryan Mohr

Paradox DOS to Paradox Windows Conversion help needed

Post by Chuck Re » Tue, 31 Oct 1995 04:00:00

So, somebody actually used that?... Seriously.

Basically, all the multiadd does is distribute pieces of information
from one table or set of tables to another table or set of tables...
So...

You could either write a  query (QBE) to distribute the info, or, create
a multi-table form withwhatever 1-1 and 1-many relationships you need,
or use tcursors to distribute the info after data entry.   More than
anything else, though, is let go of the multi-add paradigm.

Hope that helps..

Chuck

Quote:

>Ok, I'm reposting this again in one last cry for help. If anyone has
>ANY suggestions, please respond.

>Can anyone help me to either find or write a routine which duplicates
>the "MultiAdd" routine found in Paradox DOS? I've never used the
>routine, and don't know exactly what it should be doing. I need to
>duplicate it for a conversion that I'm doing.

>Someone please help

>Bryan Mohr

1. Conversion Paradox 3.5 DOS to Paradox 4.5 Windows

Actually, Borland's object converters for Paradox *5.0* do indeed
offer a script converter in addition to a form and report converter.
You'd have to use Paradox 5.0 to run them, though.  The conversion of
scripts is only partial, but anything which cannot be converted to
live code is at least moved to the PdoxWin script as commented code so
that you can look at it and convert the rest of it yourself.

Tim

2. Last Record

3. paradox dos workshop application > windows conversion

4. Select *, for the most recent date

5. paradox dos to windows conversion

6. Security

7. Paradox Conversion to Access or Paradox for Windows

8. Retrieving multiple result sets

9. Besoin d'aide pour passer de Paradox V3.5 DOS à Paradox V7 Windows

10. Paradox DOS 4.0/4.5 to Paradox for Windows

11. Paradox 4.01 DOS and Paradox 4.5 Windows

12. converting paradox dos script to paradox (object pal) windows script