Printer problems

Post by Terje Christianse » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I can't print reports to printers on my network. In printer setup the
available printers are grayed out. If I connect one of the printers to
my computer the report prints ok. I'm using Paradox for Windows V4.5 and
it's a TCP-IP network. What can I do to be able to print through the
network ?

Terje Christiansen
Citec AS

Printer problems

Post by Terje Christianse » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Thank you for your answer.
I forgot to say it's only from Paradox I can't print. No problem
printing from other programs.

> In a Win 9x network, make sure that:
> 1) "File and Printer Sharing" is turned on (Control Panel | Network)
> and that
> 2) the individual printers are shared by the host and connected by the
> user.

> On an NT network, You must have appropriate priveleges in addition to
> #2 above.

> >I can't print reports to printers on my network. In printer setup the
> >available printers are grayed out. If I connect one of the printers to
> >my computer the report prints ok. I'm using Paradox for Windows V4.5 and
> >it's a TCP-IP network. What can I do to be able to print through the
> >network ?

> >Terje Christiansen
> >Citec AS

> POS/Inventory software for the Magazine Retailer
> http://www.qvri.com

Printer problems

Post by Terje Christianse » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I am sorry that I do not have v4.5 on my machine anymore, so cannot
> try to replicate your problem. I am suddenly out of my depth in
> attempting to discern why Paradox alone, of all your apps, will not
> recognize a network printer. So let's go about it systematically:

WinNT OS, TCP-IP network, 350 MHz, 128MB RAM.
This is a new installation and has never printed to a network printer.
It's a runtime version.
So far it's only been installed on one workstation, going to install
on another soon.
The report is displayed on screen and the printer setup is accessed
through the File | Printer Setup.
And size doesn't matter !
Everything run fine on other networks. I suspect the TCP-IP network
to be the problem ??

Terje

1. Detecting printer off-line and other printer problems

Hello All,

I have tried unsuccessfully to find out how to check for printer
off-line, printer out of paper and such like with a view to preventing
calls to BeginDoc until the problem has been rectified.   I want to
avoid having to wait, for example, until the Windows dialog offering
'Retry' or 'Cancel' appears in cases where the printer is off-line.

I would be most grateful if anyone can advise me on how best to trap
these circumstances.

John

2. Dynamic SQL using OCI?

3. Still having printer problems on d3/Linux shared printers

4. toolbar order button

5. PRINTER PROBLEMS

6. An error has occurred in the script on this page

7. Printer problem

8. Question?

9. Access97 & VB - Printer Problem

10. PRINTER PROBLEMS

11. QuickReport printer problems

12. datareport printer problem

13. Report builder 6 and Epson TM210A M119 printer problem