WIN 5.0 Running TUTILITY from an app

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Sat, 04 Feb 1995 22:10:57

: Two steps forward, one back -- I offer the following code snippet to those
: interested (no guarantees, it just worked for me):

: method pushButton(var eventInfo Event)
: var f form endvar
:    if f.open("C:\\PDOXWIN\\TUWUI") then
:       f.wait()
:       if f.isassigned() then
:          f.close()
:       endif

: endmethod

: Now this (seems to) run TUTILITY ok, but one snag -- what if PDOXWIN
isn't : in C:\PDOXWIN?  Anyone have a straightforward way of finding out
the source : directory for PDOXWIN? I can't seem to find a getPdoxWinDir()
method (funny : that).

Nope, not funny at all.  :-\  There is no straightforward way of finding
the PDOXWIN directory.  :-/

--
+============================================================================+

|| Pretty good Paradox for Windows Programmer, self-proclaimed Treknologist ||
|| [  the rest of this sig is under construction until further notice...  ] ||
+============================================================================+

Post by Peter Hy » Sun, 05 Feb 1995 10:11:40

Two steps forward, one back -- I offer the following code snippet to those
interested (no guarantees, it just worked for me):

method pushButton(var eventInfo Event)
var f form endvar
   if f.open("C:\\PDOXWIN\\TUWUI") then
      f.wait()
      if f.isassigned() then
         f.close()
      endif

endmethod

Now this (seems to) run TUTILITY ok, but one snag -- what if PDOXWIN isn't
in C:\PDOXWIN?  Anyone have a straightforward way of finding out the source
directory for PDOXWIN? I can't seem to find a getPdoxWinDir() method (funny
that).

cheers,
peter

             Peter Hyde, South Pacific Information Services Ltd
           Christchurch, New Zealand -- In the Better Hemisphere
   <<< Please reply in this group (if relevant) rather than email me >>>

1. Tutility won't run

Fired it up by typing TUTILITY at a DOS prompt, told it to rebuild my
PDOXDOS 4.5 table (17Mb with a dozen secondary indices), and after a minute
or so and little or no discernible movement of the progress bar I got:

  Error.    Not enough swap buffer space to complete the operation.

Any suggestions as to how to get this apparently essential tool to work?

If I can push my luck and add one more question - my predecessors in their
wisdom set the refresh rate to 300 seconds.  I think I'd like to make it a
more realistic number, like 20 or 30, but assume they set it so high for a
reason - comments?

Thanks

Bob

2. Width restriction on importing text files

3. Pdox Win 5.0 VS dbase win 5.0 transactions

4. JDBC OCI and accents

5. Creating Win 3.1 apps/network apps in win 95

6. Migration

7. Pdox 5.0/Win app needed--Santa Cruz area

8. repost of a problem with ImportSpreadsheet

9. Running PfW 5.0 apps using 4.5 Runtime

10. Acces 8.0 Query Won't Run In VB 5.0

11. 4.5 report runs but won't deliver in 5.0

12. Run Fox2.6 Win under VFP 5.0

13. App won't run on other machines..