Does anyone know if Paradox 4.5 for DOS scripts (8.sc*) can be updated or
converted into Paradox 5 for Windows or higher versions. Can reports from
Paradox 4.5 for DOS be updated or converted too. Thanks.
Corel CTech - Paradox
Diamond Software Group, Inc.
Waldorf, Maryland USA
The only value to the .sc is that the program they represent has
already been developed so that it is *only* a conversion. While
someone is converting, they can also answer the "why did I do it that
way?" type of questions, perhaps optimizing as they go through. I do
think, however, that the by-script conversion would only be worthwhile
for quick stand-alone scripts; picking and choosing snippets of
pdoxDos code to put in this method or that custom procedure would take
forever. However, anyone with both PdoxDOS and PdoxWIN (i.e., us
older guys <grimace>) could do that conversion for ya.
The forms and reports are still a washout. There is an older object
converter that you can probably still find. It's version specific
(Pdoxwin 4.5/5 (?)) but the old DOS stuff, once converted, looks
pathetic under windows - IMHO, it was not even worthwhile as a
Lastly, as Kasey said, the tables are good-to-go.
1. Convert WP5.1 DOS file to Paradox 4.5 Win
I need assitance with converting a large WordPerfect 5.1 (DOS) document to Paradox 4.5
The WP51 file consists of records set up as a Parallel Column with Block Protect. Each
record has 7 fields. I want to be able to convert these "records" to Paradox database
records so I can extract specific records for tables, reports, etc.
Thank you in advance.
3. Paradox 4.0 DOS to Paradox win 4.5
4. Unknown version of Informix: how do I access tables?
5. converting paradox dos script to paradox (object pal) windows script
6. Can't inspect all series in a graph
7. IMPORT PARADOX FOR DOS V 4.5 INTO PDOXWIN 4.5
8. DALLAS -- Sr. Programmer Analyst (V6699)
9. Paradox 3.5 scripts --> Paradox 4.5 OPAL scripts
10. GPF 11d4 at Paradox:68:02c4 Paradox DOS ver 4.5
11. Paradox 4.5 and WIN 95 MS-DOS 7.x
12. Paradox 4.5 Programmer Needed DOS/WIN/WIN95
13. Paradox DOS 4.0/4.5 to Paradox for Windows