Moving between fields in a form using OPAL

Moving between fields in a form using OPAL

Post by Sveinung Holst » Mon, 18 Apr 1994 22:43:49

HI;

I have a small problem: I want to move from a field in a form to
the next one (in the same order as TAB do) whitout having to
specify the name of the field and without simulating a TAB.

Thanks.

--
Sveinung Holstad

Post by Wilhelm Sarasa » Wed, 20 Apr 1994 07:04:35

: HI;

: I have a small problem: I want to move from a field in a form to
: the next one (in the same order as TAB do) whitout having to
: specify the name of the field and without simulating a TAB.

: Thanks.

: --
: Sveinung Holstad

Kanske det ha"r funkar fo"r dig:

method keyPhysical(var eventInfo KeyEvent) ; whatever your method is

if eventInfo.vCharCode()=VK_ESCAPE ; or whatever your criteria is
 then
 moveTo(self.next)
 disableDefault ;default behavior would bring it back
 endIf
endmethod

Have Fun!                                                      Wilhelm

1. Form filter using OPAL???

OK, I give up.  I am trying to run a form filter with Object PAL but am
having surprisingly little luck.  Surprising because it seems like a
simple thing to do.  What I want is to display only records containing a
given value of "Recid#" in an open form.  The form is based on a data
model containing a table, e.g. "MyTable.DB".   I've been using code such
as the following:

method PushButton(var eventInfo Event)

var
        dynFltr DynArray[] AnyType
        frm Form
        tc TCursor
        fltrparm String
        tbl Table
endVar

tbl.attach("MyTable.db")

fltrparm="aaa"
dynFltr["Recid"]=fltrparm
tbl.setGenFilter(dynFltr)

endmethod

        The setGenFilter seems to work because if I do a tbl.cCount, it
returns the appropriate number(e.g. 3 of 10 records in the table have
Recid="aaa"). However, the resulting filtered data is in a TCursor object
that is not recognized by the form, i.e. the form still displays all 10
records. I tried using the dmAttach method to associate the TCursor
generated by setGenFilter to "MyTable.DB" which was successful (returned
"True") but the form itself was still displaying all the records in
"MyTable.DB" and not just the subset of records reflected by the filter.
Can anyone shed light on what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Jude Maghirang
Virginia Health Quality Center

2. CRecordset

3. Using OPAL to print a form?

4. SELECT LIKE problem

5. Moving field data between fields using VB 6 exe

6. SQL to XML large dataset

7. Changing linked fields using OPAL

8. Flexible database design - your opinion?

9. Field Description is NOT used as Label for Field on Form

10. Conditionally moving to next field on form

11. Text fields on form moving

12. move - servercursor - slow when moving form record 1 to record 20.000