Diff PDOXUSRS.NET and PARADOX.NET

Post by Terry Roge » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Any experience with the Merant product - the one that looks for
PARADOX.NET.
Their literature seems to indicate they handle all tables to version
9?

Anyways I have a tech email into them. They were unable last year to
even supply as much information as you just did in one post.

Any further thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Terry Rogers

Post by Steve Urba » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>Hi Steve,

>Thanks for getting back to me.

>Any experience with the Merant product - the one that looks for
>PARADOX.NET.
>Their literature seems to indicate they handle all tables to version
>9?

>Anyways I have a tech email into them. They were unable last year to
>even supply as much information as you just did in one post.

>Any further thoughts greatly appreciated.

>Thanks again,
>Terry Rogers

did you set the table VERSION in ODBC for this product??
Steve U

,        _
,       | \                           Steve Urbach
,       |  )erek

,  / / /                              http://www.greenduck.com

Post by Steve Gree » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> Thanks for getting back to me.

please reply directly to the responses to your original message, not by
making a new "original" message.. this is called a "thread" and is the
way we keep things together on the newsgroups..

Quote:> Any experience with the Merant product - the one that looks for
> PARADOX.NET.

I've heard of it, but that's about it..

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

Diff PDOXUSRS.NET and PARADOX.NET

Post by Terry Roge » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Steve Urbach

The Merant ODBC Paradox drivers allow for the setting for the Create
Type for tables from 3-9.
I have tried all the settings and it still seems to look for a
PARADOX.NET file.
I am in contact with Merant about this. It definitely would seem to be
odd if they do not support the 4.x locking mechansim (particularly if
they allow for the creation of table greater than 4).
I have had total satisfaction with their other ODBC products.

Anyways thanks for responding, and to Steve Green, sorry about the
previous miss-post.

Terry

1. PARADOX.NET - PDOXUSRS.NET and Merant ODBC

Hi There,
I have a shared third party application (PACS  )that uses Paradox
tables (don't know what version). The third party app works just fine
when accessing shared data.
I have downloaded the Merant ODBC (v3.6) paradox drivers to test out
concurrent access - ostensibly with Crystal Reports and Access 97.

Problem - using the  ODBC drivers I get a directory is controlled by
other .NET file.
Shared directories have been properly set up in both the ODBC DSN and
the BDE Configuration utility.
BDE Administrator - as shipped with third party app is v5.01
Merant Paradox driver v3.6 (recently downloaded 2/10/2000)
The Merant documentation refers to a PARADOX.NET file, while my third
party app generates a PDOXUSRS.NET file.

As I am fairly inexperienced with Paradox/BDE:
1) What are the differences (engine version, table versions, etc)
between the PARADOX.NET and PDOXUSRS.NET locking mechanisms?

2) Is there any way,  that anybody knows,  I can get the Merant divers
to access the PDOXUSRS.NET file (locking mechanism for the third party
app) ?

Thanks in advance
Terry Rogers

2. How to create a temporary table in memory that can be updated!

3. Tired of Pdoxusrs.LCK and Pdoxusrs.NET files.

4. Dynamically export multiple Excel Files

5. Pdoxusrs.net in Paradox

6. Date Time Query

7. Paradox on Novell - PDOXUSRS.NET

8. Job Opportunity -- Application Software Support

9. Paradox 7: Netdir/PdoxUsrs.Net

10. US-GA-.NET DEVELOPER WITH ORACLE FORMS VB.NET+ASP.NET

11. Pdoxusrs.net in peer-2-peer BDE App

12. PDOXUSRS.NET file (help!)

13. Two PDOXUSRS.NET Files