PW5 & DDE with WinFax Pro8

Post by Claude E. Desrocher » Tue, 29 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Platform: Win95

I am trying to pass values (Name, phone number, etc) from a PW5
application to WinFaxPro8 using DDE but have not been successfull yet.
The Paradox manuals/on line help don't tell you much about DDE and so
does WinFaxPro. Any help would be much appreciated. Here's what I came
up with so far.

I may be pretty close...or pretty far! I don't know since this is not
something I have done before in Paradox.

Thanks in advance!
Claude

method pushButton(var eventInfo Event)
var
  d1 DDE
endVar

if not d1.open("faxmng32", "TRANSMIT", "sendfax")
 THEN errorShow()
Else
 msgInfo("OK","DDE is open")
   d1.setItem("123-4567,22:00:00,04/24/1997,John Smith")
endIf
endmethod

1. VB4.0 & WINFAX DDE LINKS

Greetings!

I have been working on an application which is used to fax reports that
are generated off an Access Database.  I have Delrina Winfax Pro 4.0 and
am having trouble communicating with it using DDE.

I would like to know if anybody has had any problems using WINFAX DDE
commands with VB 4.0 (Pro. Ed.).

IF YOU HAVE HAD ANY SUCCESS IN HAVING A VB APPLICATION COMMUNICATE WITH
WINFAX VIA DDE, COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU ACCOMPLISHED THIS TASK?

Thanks.

Ganesh

--

2. Delete data

3. visBas, WinFax Pro & DDE

4. Capability not supported - What ? - HELP !!

5. DDE between FoxPro 2.5 & WinFax Pro

6. is primary key implicitly included in an index?

7. VB, DDE and WinFAX 4.0

8. C++ function i a stored procedure

9. Using DDE with WinFax in Delphi

10. Paradox7-WinFax Pro V7 DDE