Consistent No Of Columns Per Row

Post by Ray Penkym » Mon, 26 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I'm pulling out my hair on this when I call the report func. I get the above
runtime error.

It's an early [1.x] version of paradox, does anyone know if these early
versions had buggy report functions.

Many Thanks in advance for any help/ pointers offered.

Ray Penkyman.

Consistent No Of Columns Per Row

Post by Peggy Bak » Mon, 26 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Ray,

This sounds like you are building a report based on a query, but that there
is something wrong with the underlying query.  You will get this message if
you use a query with more than one row (one line in the query form), but
the rows do not have the _exact same_ columns (fields) checked off, or if
you are renaming columns in your answer table in a multi-line query.

I didn't think that paradox for windows would let you save a query that
didn't parse correctly, but it is possible to edit the query after it has
been saved and introduce mistakes.

Maybe you could post any code that is included in the problem?

On Sun, 25 Jun 1995 in article <Consistent No Of Columns Per Row>,

>I'm pulling out my hair on this when I call the report func. I get the
above
>runtime error.

>It's an early [1.x] version of paradox, does anyone know if these early
>versions had buggy report functions.

>Many Thanks in advance for any help/ pointers offered.

>Ray Penkyman.

Consistent No Of Columns Per Row

Post by fred.willi.. » Mon, 26 Jun 1995 04:00:00

a>It's an early [1.x] version of paradox, does anyone know if these early
 >versions had buggy report functions.

Doing a little reverse extrapolation;  Early releases of 5.0 had serious
printer problems, so... :-)
---
 t SRP 2.00 #1203 t Don't trust a government that won't obey it's own laws.