Need to know how to go from delivered file to source file -please help

Need to know how to go from delivered file to source file -please help

Post by Chri » Mon, 22 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I deleted my source files for the form and the library.  Can I go back
from the delivered files back to the source.

Post by Richard K Carte » Mon, 22 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: I deleted my source files for the form and the library.  Can I go back
: from the delivered files back to the source.

Sorry, no.  People, you should always save your source code!
Save it to a diskette, or your personal directory, or whatever;
you'll need it (1) if you need to make changes, (2) if your delivered
files get corrupted or trashed, (3) to re-deliver your forms to
run on another version of Paradox if someone gets an upgrade.

There are expensive third-party utilities for breaking passwords,
and a couple of them advertise monthly in Paradox Informant.  But
I don't recall ever hearing of an "undeliver" utility.

Need to know how to go from delivered file to source file -please help

Post by Mathew Gyokers Eli » Tue, 23 Apr 1996 04:00:00

        Can't do it- you're looking at a re-write.

--
Paradox and Delphi Consultant. Member: Borland Delphi Technical Support
             Most small questions answered for free!

       Paradox Web Page: http://www.pagescape.com/fire/pdox/
          My words are my own, I don't speak for Borland.

Need to know how to go from delivered file to source file -please help

Post by fred.willi.. » Tue, 23 Apr 1996 04:00:00

ck>I deleted my source files for the form and the library.  Can I go back
  >from the delivered files back to the source.

Well, you can always start with the Form Expert...  Sorry, that is
exactly one of the reasons "delivered" forms exist, to protect the
source code.  There is no method for "de-delivering" a form.  Source
cannot be recovered from any delivered Paradox object.

Backup, backup, backup...

Fred
---
 t SRP 2.00 #1203 t Is that seat saved?  No, but we're praying for it.

Post by Sundial Servic » Wed, 24 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>: I deleted my source files for the form and the library.  Can I go back
>: from the delivered files back to the source.
>Sorry, no.  People, you should always save your source code!
>Save it to a diskette, or your personal directory, or whatever;
>you'll need it (1) if you need to make changes, (2) if your delivered
>files get corrupted or trashed, (3) to re-deliver your forms to
>run on another version of Paradox if someone gets an upgrade.
>There are expensive third-party utilities for breaking passwords,
>and a couple of them advertise monthly in Paradox Informant.  But
>I don't recall ever hearing of an "undeliver" utility.

A regular form-file includes both source-code and object-code; a delivered
form contains no source.  If you have no source-copy then I'm afraid you're
looking at a rewrite.

One learns the lesson of frequent and current backups but once ... :-(

Need to know how to go from delivered file to source file -please help

Post by Daniel A. Morga » Wed, 24 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I deleted my source files for the form and the library.  Can I go back
> from the delivered files back to the source.

I don't know of any PdoxWin decompilers but one probably exists out there
somewhere.  I think it would be easier to use an unerase program such as
that supplied with DOS, or Norton, or Central Point, or Xtree and just
recover the erased file.  On a Novell network use Salvage.

Daniel Morgan
EXE Solutions