4.0 DOS PAL, Accepting memo input via dialog box

4.0 DOS PAL, Accepting memo input via dialog box

Post by HURT » Sat, 25 Feb 1995 13:51:35

Using PDOX4.0 (dos)

I've written a PAL front end for a marketing database and I can't
figure out how to accept multi-line input in dialog boxes.  I'd like
to use memo fields to record call notes.

The users never see any table windows, all information is displayed
and collected through dialog boxes and written to the table by arrays.
Because the dialog box is open on the canvas and the procedure is not
complete I can't clear back to view the edit window.  I've seen
references to accepting multi line but I've never seen an example and
damn'd if I can figure it out.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks John

Post by Jerry Prath » Sun, 26 Feb 1995 12:01:30

: Using PDOX4.0 (dos)

: I've written a PAL front end for a marketing database and I can't
: figure out how to accept multi-line input in dialog boxes.  I'd like
: to use memo fields to record call notes.

: The users never see any table windows, all information is displayed
: and collected through dialog boxes and written to the table by arrays.
: Because the dialog box is open on the canvas and the procedure is not
: complete I can't clear back to view the edit window.  I've seen
: references to accepting multi line but I've never seen an example and
: damn'd if I can figure it out.

: Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

: Thanks John

What I do is to use a form which includes the memo field and a WAIT RECORD
procedure. You set up the WAIT HANDLER so that if you arrive on a memo
field, the form automatically CTRL-F and the maximize for you. Put a prompt
on the screen to press F2 to close the memo field and return you to the
basic form. Another F2 closes the record.

Does this help?

--

Consult Computer Concepts!      Voice (804) 486-0602, Fax by appointment
3512 Sandy Point Key              (These are my opinions, but you can

1. Pdox 4.0/DOS PAL Dialog Question

Does anyone know of a way to get a default value to appear in an
ACCEPT field within a SHOWDIALOG dialog box in Pdox 4.0 for DOS? It
won't let me use the DEFAULT option within a SHOWDIALOG statement, but
this limitation of ACCEPT within a SHOWDIALOG is never addressed in
the manual (in fact, the showdialog example on p.315 of the PAL
Reference even shows the default text "Type here" in the sample
dialog, but there is no corresponding code listing).

Anyway it sems that there should be a simple way to accomplish this
but I have been unable to find it. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks to all in advance.

Igor Firkusny

2. Copy from server to another server

3. Masked input in dialog box (4.0)

4. Y2K chat

5. pdox 4.0 dos - dialog box

6. How to import a fixed-length flat file

7. PDOX/DOS 4.0, NEED DIALOG BOX DESIGNER TOOL....

8. MOVE strangeness

9. PX402 DOS accept controlvalue() access in dialog proc?

10. Dialog box designed for input...

11. Dialog box for input of Data?

12. pdox 4.0(dos) - PAL vs OPAL

13. PAL 4.0 (DOS) question re. LOCATE command