font scaling and screen resolution problem

font scaling and screen resolution problem

Post by Vnguye » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

I ask about the screen scaling and font resolution problem thing?
Is paradox the only software that has that problem or is there any other
software that does that.  Can you let me know a few that doesn't have
those problems.

thanks
vn

font scaling and screen resolution problem

Post by Reinhardt.Ke » Tue, 28 Oct 1997 04:00:00

What is your problem please?

Reinhardt

Am Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:41:07 -0700 hat Vnguyen

Quote:

>Hi all,

>I ask about the screen scaling and font resolution problem thing?
>Is paradox the only software that has that problem or is there any other
>software that does that.  Can you let me know a few that doesn't have
>those problems.

>thanks
>vn

1. Q: Fonts, screen resolution, positioning in Fox 2.6

Hi all

I have found some info, but still have not completely solved my problems..

We have a FoxPro 2.6 project with 3 people developing.  We develop on a range
of machines, with different screen sizes, resolutions etc.  What we have found
is every time a Fox screen set is moved from one computer to another, the
positions of the different windows and screen elements gets messed up. (a real
problem, as we use multiple concurrent windows).

Standardising on a permanently-fixed size font in "screen layout" options
helps somewhat, but is still not perfect.

We could all settle for developing under the same resolution as the minimal
target user machine (640x480), but if a user has a newer computer and better
resolution, will they not have the same problem we have?

Has someone found / compiled a comprehensive, detailed solution to this
problem?

(Development machines:
        1 x Laptop, WFWG 3.11, probably about to Win95
        1 x Desktop, NT, 1024x768 or lower res. as required
        1 x Desktop, Win95, 1024x768 or lower
        1 x Laptop, Win95, 640x480 (this is also the demo machine)
        1 x Warp, Fullscreen Windows session: 640x480, normal fonts
                on desktop, 1024x768, normal fonts (not "large font")
                (with all this mucking around, it's handy to have 2
                resolutions without rebooting!)
)

--

2. 7.3 gotchas for applications and client libraries

3. Fonts & Screen Resolutions

4. copy tabledefs with ado

5. Screen is different in different 800x600 screen resolution

6. Can not see data from Oracle Form Builder Run Time

7. Printing problem: user changes printer resolution , fonts chang

8. 4gl callframe problem.

9. Screen Resolution Problem in Windows 95?

10. Screen Resolution problem

11. FPW26 Screen Resolution Problems

12. Screen resolution problems in FPW 2.6

13. Screen Font Problem with FoxPro 2.6 for Windows