registry settings for pdox 4 under W2K professional

registry settings for pdox 4 under W2K professional

Post by Peter Verschuere » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:27:04

We are at the brink of upgrading our servers to Windows 2000 professional
but are left with a registry question concerning a paradox 4 application.
Under NT we had to adjust the following in order to avoid corrupted tables:
HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkStation\Param
eters\UseOpportunisticLocking =0
HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkStation\Param
eters\UtilizeNtCaching =0

Do we still need to do this running W2K prof ? Only on the client or on the
server too ?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Verschueren

Post by Steven Gree » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:35:01

> Do we still need to do this running W2K prof ? Only on the client or on the
> server too ?

you need to do it with all versions of windows, on every machine.. bear in mind
that the reg entries aren't always the same for different versions..

--

Steve Green - Diamond Software Group, Inc - Waldorf Maryland USA
Corel CTech Paradox - http://www.diamondsg.com - Support/Downloads/Links

Do you need a Sanity Check? http://www.diamondsg.com/sanity.htm
Upgrade/Downgrade versions? http://www.diamondsg.com/upgrade.htm

1. SQL2K registry settings not replicated in W2K cluster?

I've tested this in various combinations:
(running W2K AS SP2, SQL 2000 SP1)

Via SEM (Enterprise Manager), changed security audit level to e.g.
'success', then move the SQL group to the other cluster node, check
the setting, and discover that it still has its old value.

According to Profiler SEM runs the command
xp_instance_regwrite
N'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE',N'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer',N'AuditLevel',
REG_DWORD,1
when changing the setting, but it apparently the setting isn't
effective on the other cluster node so that when the group is moved
the old setting still applies.

So how should this setting (and other similar) be changed, if not via
SEM? Do I need to hack the registry on each node?

Thanks for help!

2. Tables with m:n relation

3. Help : SQL 7 / W2k Active/Active registry cautions on instance startup

4. Church volunteer needs advice on DOS->Win DB migration

5. write registry in vb with w2k

6. North Carolina - Oracle Database Analyst

7. DB2 Registry on W2k

8. OCI and NULLS

9. SQL 7 and W2K professional

10. SQL Server & and W2K professional

11. SQL2000 under W2K Professional

12. Which version should I setup in W2K Professional?

13. can sqlserver 2000 install on w2k professional?