Printing Reports in Pdoxwin5

Post by David To » Mon, 02 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I know this question has been asked before, but I haven't seen an aswer yet.
I am trying to print a legal landscape report from PWIN5 on an NT/WFW311
network.  The problem is that unless we default the printer to the legal
landscape tray, it defaults back to the the windows default.  Using all of
the suggestions about setting printer defaults with setprinter strings does
not work.  Creating a default printer just for these reports is a real pain!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Newsgroups: alt.recovery.aa,alt.recovery,alt.answers,news.answers

Subject: Alt.Recovery.AA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

        Anonymous (AA) and the alt.recovery.aa newsgroup. It might be
        helpful to read this before posting to alt.recovery.aa

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 13:57:53 GMT

Archive-name: alt-recovery/*ics-anonymous-faq
Posting-Frequency: monthly

Post by Tom McKe » Wed, 04 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>I know this question has been asked before, but I haven't seen an aswer yet.
>I am trying to print a legal landscape report from PWIN5 on an NT/WFW311
>network.  The problem is that unless we default the printer to the legal
>landscape tray, it defaults back to the the windows default.  Using all of
>the suggestions about setting printer defaults with setprinter strings does
>not work.  Creating a default printer just for these reports is a real pain!
>Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

NT seems to want the report open when you change the orientation.
Also, the ReportPrintInfo variable doen't seem to work for
orientation. Here's the code I use to print landscape:

var
        recUserOptions                          PrinterOptionInfo
        ri                                                                                      ReportPrintInfo
        printInfo                                                               PrinterInfo
        rpt                                                                             report
endVar

         if printInfo.Drivername="WINSPOOL.DRV" then
                ;;;NT Machine
                rpt.open(":Home:Trav2a",WinStyleHidden)
                printerGetOptions(recUserOptions)
                if recUserOptions.Orientation = prnPortrait then
                        sendKeys("%fr%M%l~~")
                endIf
                rpt.print()
                rpt.close()
        else
                ;;;Wfw and Win95 Machines
                ri.name=":Home:Trav2a"
                ri.orient=printLandscape
                rpt.print(ri)
        endIf

SendKeys isn't pretty but this code does work.

The NT section of the above code requires the user to select OK before
the job will print. Brian Kodl suggested the use of sendkeys to
replace the  "rpt.Print()" line which would allow an enter keystroke
to be sent to print the report. I haven't implemented this yet but it
should work fine.

Any other questions - feel free to email me.

Later

Tom McKeon

1. report printing problem on HP LJIII[pdoxwin5.0]

Hi, everybody:
      We have this report printing problem for quite while since we changed
to currently used HP LJIII. Strangely, It only happens to perticular report
infrequently, and if we switch to HP LJIV, it prints all right.  I have this
post button in a form, when I push it, it posts current records to a table,
then do a query to generate a temperary answer table and then print the report.
I recall that I have seen a news of this group listing branch of 5.0 bugs
which have been fixed, one of them related to HP LJIII. I don't know whether
my problem here is bug related. If my copy is old one, where can I get update?
call borland?

Jing

2. GA-Atlanta-100996--DBA Skills-ORACLE-Database Administrator (DBA)-Oracle

3. Problems when printing many reports in PDOXWIN5

4. pgcrypto/openssl fix

5. Printing Access reports or using Access to print/preview reports

6. Deciding when to partition a table.

7. Code report print <> Manual report print

8. Regular Expressions (xp or ?)

9. Print InfoStructure on Pdoxwin5.0

10. PDOXWIN5: printing with multiple printers - HELP!

11. PDOXWIN5: Printing to COM Port

12. PDOXWIN5: Printing using LPT1 and LPT2

13. PDOXWIN5: Print to COM1