Paradox 3.5 DOS & Windows 95

Post by David Dowdel » Tue, 22 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I'm having major problems getting Paradox 3.5 DOS running properly in
Windows 95. The program loads fine using any normal method of starting
applications in Windows 95. The problem is that I can't do any operations
that involve writing to the hard disk as the error message "not enough disk
space to enter subsystem" is displayed every time. If I boot straight into
MS-DOS mode from system boot-up everything works fine, but I can't find a
way to get paradox to write to the drive from within Windows 95.

Any ideas??? thanks for any ideas,

Dave.

Paradox 3.5 DOS & Windows 95

Post by Brian Ost » Tue, 22 Jul 1997 04:00:00

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997 14:16:58 GMT, "David Dowdell"

>I'm having major problems getting Paradox 3.5 DOS running properly in
>Windows 95. The program loads fine using any normal method of starting
>applications in Windows 95. The problem is that I can't do any operations
>that involve writing to the hard disk as the error message "not enough disk
>space to enter subsystem" is displayed every time. If I boot straight into
>MS-DOS mode from system boot-up everything works fine, but I can't find a
>way to get paradox to write to the drive from within Windows 95.

>Any ideas??? thanks for any ideas,

>Dave.

Some older DOS programs, such as Pdox35, 40, 45 have a problem with
Win95 and Hard Disks that are LARGER than 2.0 gigs.  If there is over
2.0 gigs free, the program "thinks" that there is no free space.
There are two work arounds that I have used.  There is a file called
Lesspace.com that will allow you to run the program from Win95 or, if
you are trying to Access Hard Drives on a Network such as a Novel
network, you can have your network administrator reduce the space
available to the user to less than 2.0 gigs.

Brian Oster

1. Paradox 3.5 for DOS under Windows 95 - problems ??

Hi folks,

I am about to convert a machine running Borland Paradox 3.5 for DOS
under Windows 3.1 to Windows 95. I have heard that there may be problems
running Paradox 3.5 under Windows 95. Does anyone have any experience of
doing this pls ? (Maybe there is a faq perhaps)

Here's hoping

--
Kind Regards,

    Future Implications Japanese Language Services - Surrey, England

     Telephone +44 (0)181 661 7699 : Facsimile +44 (0)181 395 3545

2. Executables linked with libclntsh.a abort

3. Paradox 3.5 under Windows 95/98

4. Need Oracle Schema Compare Tool

5. Paradox 3.5 PAL applications running under Windows 95

6. Compare recordsets.

7. Problems with Paradox 3.5 in WIndows 95

8. help with insert with a single quote

9. Need Help: Paradox 3.5 Windows 95 Problems

10. Paradox 3.5 and Windows 95

11. Paradox 3.5 with Windows 95

12. Windows 95 and Paradox 3.5

13. Paradox 3.5 in a DOS windows under WIndows 9x