Paradox Engine 3.0 Extended Chars Problem

Paradox Engine 3.0 Extended Chars Problem

Post by Andy Cla » Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Please, Please help!!!

Our software was written quite a while ago, and uses Paradox Engine 3.0
for the database side of it.  However we have come across a problem
which we are unable to solve.

When you enter extended chars into the database (128 - 159), they come
back out as something completely different.

We has this problem before with other extended chars, and fixed it by
altering the DOS codepage.  However, this has no effect on this problem.

If anyone has a solution to this, could you please email me as soon as
possible, as we have customers reporting this problem.

Thanx in advance
Andy Clay

Software Department
Norprint Labelling Systems

Post by Steve Gree » Sun, 07 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Our software was written quite a while ago, and uses Paradox Engine 3.0
> for the database side of it.  However we have come across a problem
> which we are unable to solve.

You should be looking for Engine support in the BDEVTOOL forum of Compuserve
and/or Borland's newsgroups..

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com    <- please note our new web site

Paradox Engine 3.0 Extended Chars Problem

Post by Ken J. Wrigh » Sun, 07 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello Andy,

I just ran a small test to read & write to an alphanumeric field using the
Paradox Engine 3.01. I did not experience the trouble you described with
chars 128-159. So now I'm a bit curious. Is it possible that the
input/output routines in the program are doing some conversion? If you
would care to discuss further, or have more details, feel free to email me.

Cheers!

Ken

> Please, Please help!!!

> Our software was written quite a while ago, and uses Paradox Engine 3.0
> for the database side of it.  However we have come across a problem
> which we are unable to solve.

> When you enter extended chars into the database (128 - 159), they come
> back out as something completely different.

> We has this problem before with other extended chars, and fixed it by
> altering the DOS codepage.  However, this has no effect on this problem.

> If anyone has a solution to this, could you please email me as soon as
> possible, as we have customers reporting this problem.

> Thanx in advance
> Andy Clay

> Software Department
> Norprint Labelling Systems

1. Urgent Paradox Engine 3.1 Ascii Chars problem

I know I've put this thread up before, but it was a long time ago, and
so I'm trying again.

Basically the problem is this.

We've got a Windows program which uses the Paradox Engine 3.1 for
databases.  Unfortunately we have a customer who wants to insert a vast
amount of extended chars in the database.  The problem is that the
extended chars in the range 128-155 go into the engine correctly, but
come out as something else.

I realise that this is a problem with Windows->Dos character swapping,
and have tried changing the code page to no effect.

This is starting to get fairly urgent now, so anyone with any ideas will
be greatly appreciated.
Andy Clay

Software Department
Norprint Labelling Systems Ltd

2. When does Replication stop ? PLEASE HELP ?

3. Paradox Engine 3.0 problems

4. saving ENTER in text field

5. Paradox Engine 3.0 linker problem

6. backend info