Paradox 4.0 Error: Unexpected condition: GP 0000 at PARADOX:28:12d7

Paradox 4.0 Error: Unexpected condition: GP 0000 at PARADOX:28:12d7

Post by q » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:11:50

Hi!

I have a paradox 4.0 database runnig on a Intel 486 DX 33 MHz mashine, with
DOS 6.2 it haved run well but now its time for upgrade. Haved taked a
complete copy of the harddisk - placed it on a bigger mashine:

PII 350 Mhz maskine with same DOS version 6.2 of course, and the disk is
FAT16 formatted - The computer start without any problem, but when Paradox
is started I see the start menu - then the error: Unexpected condition: GP
0000 at PARADOX:28:12d7 - and then I am back in DOS again - and i am not
trying to load the database file, only run the paradox.exe file

I think is it because of the new CPU: PII there is problem, and if - where
can I find a fix for it - have someone seen it before?

Best, Regards Roy

Paradox 4.0 Error: Unexpected condition: GP 0000 at PARADOX:28:12d7

Hi again...

Post by Steven Gree » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:22:19

> Unexpected condition: GP 0000 at PARADOX:28:12d7

you forgot the command line switches when you started pdox.. in this case, the
-extk switch to limit memory.. download switches.zip from my web site for
complete info..

--

Steve Green - Diamond Software Group, Inc - Waldorf Maryland USA
Corel CTech Paradox - http://www.diamondsg.com - Support/Downloads/Links

Do you need a Sanity Check? http://www.diamondsg.com/sanity.htm
Upgrade/Downgrade versions? http://www.diamondsg.com/upgrade.htm

Paradox 4.0 Error: Unexpected condition: GP 0000 at PARADOX:28:12d7

Post by Roy Erwin Guldber » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:47:15

Hi Steven!

It is working now, tanks a lot... it was not the CPU but the amount af RAM!

Best, Regards Roy

-------

Post by Sundial Service » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 04:36:33

> Hi!

> I have a paradox 4.0 database runnig on a Intel 486 DX 33 MHz mashine,
> with DOS 6.2 it haved run well but now its time for upgrade. Haved taked a
> complete copy of the harddisk - placed it on a bigger mashine:

> PII 350 Mhz maskine with same DOS version 6.2 of course, and the disk is
> FAT16 formatted - The computer start without any problem, but when Paradox
> is started I see the start menu - then the error: Unexpected condition: GP
> 0000 at PARADOX:28:12d7 - and then I am back in DOS again - and i am not
> trying to load the database file, only run the paradox.exe file

> I think is it because of the new CPU: PII there is problem, and if - where
> can I find a fix for it - have someone seen it before?

This particular GPF is usually caused by having too much RAM.  Paradox for
DOS was built when "16 megs was all that there could be."

This GPF can be circumvented by the "-extk 15000" parameter, which limits it
to "only" 15 megs of memory.

But please note .. Paradox for DOS doesn't understand big disk drives
either.  Please believe me when I say that you need to /retire/ that
Paradox for DOS application!

Fast automatic Paradox/Delphi table repair at a click of a mouse!
http://www.sundialservices.com/products/chimneysweep

Post by Steven Gree » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 07:02:41

> But please note .. Paradox for DOS doesn't understand big disk drives either.

but Lesspace does, so that is not, and has never been, an issue..

Quote:> Please believe me when I say that you need to /retire/ that Paradox for DOS
> application!

agreed..