Paradox 7 - Sending command via DDE

Post by Robert Jablons » Fri, 05 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to get Paradox 7 to open a form or script from another
application without openning multiple instances of Paradox by using
"  SendMessage( -1 , WM_DDE_INITIATE,0, MAKELONG(app , aptopic)); "
where app is "PDOXWIN" or "PDXWIN32", aptopic "form name"
(mainfrm.fdl)
It worked with every previuos release of Paradox for Windows but not
7.
I am desperate for suggestions

Robert Jablonski

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Mon, 08 Apr 1996 05:00:00

: I am trying to get Paradox 7 to open a form or script from another
: application without openning multiple instances of Paradox by using
: "  SendMessage( -1 , WM_DDE_INITIATE,0, MAKELONG(app , aptopic)); "
: where app is "PDOXWIN" or "PDXWIN32", aptopic "form name"
: (mainfrm.fdl)

: It worked with every previuos release of Paradox for Windows but not
: 7.

That's interesting since PDOXWIN never claims to be a DDE server. The
fact that you got it to work at all is pretty amazing in itself.

Kasey K. S. Chang (a guy)             | Paradox for Windows Programmer

URL> http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~kschang | X-COM Guru   General PC expert
Editor of XCOM and XCOM2 UN-official Strategy Guide -- FREE!  (See URL)

Paradox 7 - Sending command via DDE

Post by Robert Jablons » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>That's interesting since PDOXWIN never claims to be a DDE server. The
>fact that you got it to work at all is pretty amazing in itself.
>--

It doesn't work if you send a message to Paradox window but works or
should I say worked when you dispatched msg to whole system (-1)

Robert